EU Gone: HPE Samsung PM 1643 15.36TB 12G SAS SSD - 27 Power on Hours, WTB: X10SRL-F

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

lte

Apr 13, 2020
DE
Still don't quite know why, but during the last lockdown in Germany, I got myself a PM1643
After playing with it for a day (and patching the firmware, so no worries about the funny ridiculous HPE firmware bug)
I figured out that I do not really have a use case, as my current 3.8TB read- cache had still lots of room to spare, i.e. my data is accessed too randomly.

Well, my loss, your gain; here are the SSD's stats from SSA:

Shipping from Germany, EU preferred, global shipping possible (although customs would make this rather expensive)
Payment via PayPal available.

Also looking for a X10SRL-F

Last edited:

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
I don't know much about HPE drives. Are those vendor locked or can I use those on any PC?
Can use then on machine that has a SAS adapter yes. Only catch is it’s much easier to update firmware on a HPE system although this is done now and drives been out long enough that this is probably there only time it would ever need to be done.

Reactions: lte and Samir

lte

Apr 13, 2020
DE
Can use then on machine that has a SAS adapter yes. Only catch is it’s much easier to update firmware on a HPE system although this is done now and drives been out long enough that this is probably there only time it would ever need to be done.
Totally agree with @Evan. Funny thing though, the system with which I made the screenshots was actually a SuperMicro. But it is fair to say, that a HPE SAS controller makes your life a bit easier with HPE drives, although the drive also worked without issues on a LSI3008

Reactions: Samir

lte

Apr 13, 2020
DE
Dicsounted!
If my asking price is unreasonable, please make me a counter-offer :)

Last edited:

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020
Free bump.

This is really an interesting piece of hardware, but too expensive for me just to play around.
Shame that it's SAS, would've been interested if it was U.2.

lte

Apr 13, 2020
DE
Get yourself an early christmas treat ;)
Price further reduced, happy to hear your offers in case you still perceive it as overpriced