GL.iNet GL-MT300A Mini Travel Router $13

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
In my region another one is cheap ...
GL-MT300N-V2
I can’t really see how the 2 differ in any significant way, am I missing something or is the one above just as good ?

klammore

Jun 17, 2016
Any idea if this model supports WiFi roaming? I have a TL-WR802N that works great off of a battery pack, only issue is it doesn't support WiFi roaming as it locks onto the AP's MAC and once you get out of range you have to login to the admin portal and reconnect to a new AP on the same SSID.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
The GL-MT300a is specced differently.

Products – GL.iNet
Yeah I realised that but looking at the specs it’s not really apparent what say the difference is between the units, the only difference I can really see is the microSD card add on for the personal cloud. From a router point of view I guess must be very similar.

In the cpu spec it’s mentioning ipv4 routing speed, but no mention of ipv6, does its support does anybody know by chance ?

(Yes I know less than 20 bucks it’s not a big risk to try)

K D

Dec 24, 2016
I use one of their 3 port models. The only gripe I have is that the nics are all 100mbps. I use it to connect my portable lab when I'm traveling and copying files from my laptop to it is painfully slow.

abq

May 23, 2015
Does anyone have experience setting these up to work with hotel wireless, like Homewood Suites? ...I have to connect to wireless via chromebook, then try going to NBC.com, to get portal to enter name and room number. Assume no tricks to pass thru GL to first device to log in?
Thank You :)