Giveaway 850 PRO 512GB SSD's

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

AJXCR

Jan 20, 2017
Based on the price and the guy's brand new account, I have to assume this is a scam... For $17 bucks a pop, however, there really isn't a whole lot of downside.. Fully expecting to receive a bunch of empty boxes in the mail.

Guess we'll see. I bought the remaining three drives available.

Oddly the guy had the auction limited to one purchase per account per 10 day period.. Needless to say, I felt obligated to setup two new accounts with various company ship-to addresses and buy him out. We'll see if he throws a fit.

Would be pretty humorous to actually receive three 512GB 850 Pros for a whopping grand total of $53.00

Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Internal SSD NEW/SEALED 887276057491 | eBay

jfoor

Feb 4, 2017
He has zero feedback but you've probably already realized that. If you just search for "SSD" on eBay sorting by cheapest there are a ton of Buy it Now listings for less than $20 from sellers with zero feedback.

Good luck to you!

Rapturoso

Jan 22, 2017
Just report the idiot. It takes a second to flag it to eBay as a scam and it helps the community new comers to avoid having to claim like Evan says.

Do something good and have that fuzzy feeling that you've helped a great deal of people. :)

Reactions: Patrick

am4593

Feb 20, 2017
I have to disagree with the thinking of the OP. this is an obvious scam, obviously not legit. So fine, what is there to lose? well time. It'll take you time to file a complaint to get your money back, time to put a bad item back into the mail, time to wait for the seller non response to complaint. Effort. In the even that you receive empty boxes or item not as described you'll probably have to ship back empty boxes just to get a refund. And of course there is always the .0000001% change that you actually lose a return case. Also ebay does not like buyers who open lots of complaint cases, even if they are legitimate. So by burning up some complaints on something that is a guaranteed scam you're potentially hurting yourself down the road when you need to file real complaints.

AJXCR

Jan 20, 2017
Ok guys.. let's not get worked up about it.

If I receive a bunch of empty boxes in the mail, I'm certainly not going to be going through the hassle of disputing the sale over $50.

The limit per customer struck me as odd for a typical scam add. I'd say odds are 98:2 it's a scam, but I've ocassionally been the recipient of a few "took good to be true" deals that actually played out in my favor.... I once bought a set of Bowers 802D's off Craigslist Austin for $1k cash after seriously debating whether responding to the ad was even worth my time. Never know, in this case the risk is negligible. Who cares.

Why did I post this? ....thought it was humorous I suppose.

Last edited:

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
These are free the same way Linux is free. If your time is worthless.
Alrighty then so says a gent who has been HIGHLY sought after/head hunted and made a dang good career for that explicit skillset of Linux/Open Source knowledge/expertise.

Guess my time/investment in Linux/Open Source isn't worthless after all :-D

Last edited:
Reactions: nthu9280

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Well this is all fun and games until we fall prey to these unscrupulous sellers, like the one earlier this year in the F/S forum on this thread. I didn't get involved in that one but I didn't think it had the markings of "too good to be true."
I did however had to go thru' the claim process in the last month. Lesson learned - be extremely cautious when the seller doesn't have a lot of history before bidding. Not saying honest ones don't exist without much history either.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk