[GIGABYTE WRX80-SU8] IPMI fancontrol

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nomadsignal

Apr 23, 2021
On the internet/this forum i found some people who wrote scripts with raw ipmi codes on supermicro motherboards to get fancontrol functionality. Is there someone who can help me with the raw ipmi codes of my gigabyte motherboard?

Last edited:

EffrafaxOfWug

Radioactive Member
Feb 12, 2015
On the internet/this forum i found some people who wrote scripts with raw ipmi codes on supermicro motherboards to get fancontrol functionality. Is there someone who can help me with the raw ipmi codes of my gigabyte motherboard?
Unless they're using the same raws as Supermicro or ASRR, you'd generally need to ask their customer support for what they are since they're rather difficult to figure out for yourself.

For instance, on my supermicro boards the following raw gives you the NIC bonding status:
Code:
ipmitool raw 0x30 0x70 0x0c 0
On ASRR it's this however:
Code:
ipmitool raw 0x32 0x72 0x01 0x00 0x00
It's possible GB might use the same flavour of IPMI as one of the above, or they may use something else entirely.

nomadsignal

Apr 23, 2021
Unless they're using the same raws as Supermicro or ASRR, you'd generally need to ask their customer support for what they are since they're rather difficult to figure out for yourself.

For instance, on my supermicro boards the following raw gives you the NIC bonding status:
Code:
ipmitool raw 0x30 0x70 0x0c 0
On ASRR it's this however:
Code:
ipmitool raw 0x32 0x72 0x01 0x00 0x00
It's possible GB might use the same flavour of IPMI as one of the above, or they may use something else entirely.

The codes are different, i have contacted the customer support. Hope they will supply me with enough information to figure this out.