Gigabyte R180-F34 1U Server (2011-3) $94-109 + Shipping

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Firebug24k

Apr 12, 2017
The holes aren't the problem. It's the rails themselves. They are designed for a shallow depth server it appears. The roller guides in the outer rail is also not of great quality compared to the Cisco and Dell rails I'm used to.
Ah got it, that's too bad. I really want some workable rail solutions for this too, I don't much care for those universal shelves.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
I am interest in couple of servers.
How much is the seller willing to accept Best Offer?

thanks

eptesicus

Jun 25, 2017
I
I am interest in couple of servers.
How much is the seller willing to accept Best Offer?

thanks
I got mine with the caddies for $70 each. That's the lowest they'd go. They've since removed the caddies, lowered the price by $10, and increased shipping by $5, so I'm not sure what the lowest they'll take now. I'd shoot for $55 a piece since they raised shipping for no reason.

Firebug24k

Apr 12, 2017
I got mine, extremely well packed but no extras.

Real bummer was the rails were still attached - just the inner slides though. So that means someone just threw away the rest of them when they disassembled the rack, such a waste.

I googled for an hour trying to find the outer portions, but no luck. King Slide with no part number on it is impossible.

RayNelson

Feb 8, 2020
Finally got all the parts for mine and got it up and running successfully. I’ll need to review the comments earlier in the thread to reset the IPMI password however. admin/password doesn’t work nor a few other combinations I tried. I’ll need to order an SATADOM for TrueNAS OS installation since I’ll have all 3 slots occupied with both internal & external SAS controllers and a 10g card. Found out that the standard Supermicro sled screws won’t work for the drive bays on this server, they don’t leave enough clearance on the bottom of the drive sleds to slide in easily.

danedeath

Feb 21, 2021
Finally got all the parts for mine and got it up and running successfully. I’ll need to review the comments earlier in the thread to reset the IPMI password however. admin/password doesn’t work nor a few other combinations I tried. I’ll need to order an SATADOM for TrueNAS OS installation since I’ll have all 3 slots occupied with both internal & external SAS controllers and a 10g card. Found out that the standard Supermicro sled screws won’t work for the drive bays on this server, they don’t leave enough clearance on the bottom of the drive sleds to slide in easily.
admin/admin worked for my ipmi, worth a shot on trying, I ordered these screws as all of my screws had the same issue as yours.

RayNelson

Feb 8, 2020
admin/admin worked for my ipmi, worth a shot on trying, I ordered these screws as all of my screws had the same issue as yours.
admin/admin failed, admin/password failed, admin/serial# failed (found this info in another version of the Gigabyte management console manual), so it looks like I'll have to figure some way to get it reset somehow.

kfriis

Apr 8, 2015
admin/admin failed, admin/password failed, admin/serial# failed (found this info in another version of the Gigabyte management console manual), so it looks like I'll have to figure some way to get it reset somehow.
If you have not already, try updating the BMC using a bootable DOS USB drive. That is a very easy process.

Use gigaflash.exe and the 488.bin file from the firmware zip package.

Reactions: RayNelson

Zalouma

Aug 5, 2020
the easiest way is to download supermicro ipmicfg and boot from dos (it wont allow you to reset bmc to factory default but would allow you to add user) and add a new user and password, then once you are in you can replace/edit the admin/user password

Hope this helps

Reactions: nedimzukic2

RayNelson

Feb 8, 2020
Admin user was disabled on mine, but there was another enabled user RAAdmin so I set password on that one, got into the web GUI, enabled the regular admin account and changed the password. I'm up & running now I believe. Flashing new BMC and updated BIOS soon.

eptesicus

Jun 25, 2017
Real bummer was the rails were still attached - just the inner slides though. So that means someone just threw away the rest of them when they disassembled the rack, such a waste.
1 of the 4 of mine came with the inner rails. I was pissed when I saw that, knowing that they just threw the outer ones away or left them in the racks they came from. Such a damn shame... So wasteful.

I’ll need to order an SATADOM for TrueNAS OS installation since I’ll have all 3 slots occupied with both internal & external SAS controllers and a 10g card.
Someone correct me here, but SATADOMs won't work unless you power them from somewhere else. Only on the v1.1 mobo does the SATA ports provide power for SATADOM. These mobos are the v1.0 variants.

RayNelson

Feb 8, 2020
Yes, this is v1.0 version and I'm planning to feed power from elsewhere. Otherwise I'll get the PCIe NVME adapter quoted earlier in the thread and utilize the 'hidden' PCIe slot by the power supplies. Either way, it's not a big cost outlay since I have extra storage sitting here.

Mine also has the inner rails and no outer. I'll just have to sit it on top of something else in my rack.

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
Most Quanta trays would work. Here's a listing with good pictures of what you should be looking for

AviationLogic

Feb 23, 2021
Wanted to post an update regarding drive trays, Gigabytes customer service finally got back to me and this was their response:

You can purchase from sales or distributors , please contact them and seek for these part #

These are the channel navy blue tray PN#s:

25EK3-R18005-I0R 3.5'' HDD tray (Channel Blue color) - with screw, 6TB support
25EK3-R18101-I0R 3.5'' HDD tray (Channel Blue color) - tool-less, 6TB support