Gigabyte R180-F34 1U Server (2011-3) $94-109 + Shipping

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

EriKana

Mar 15, 2021
Do not power this card with a 8pin to 6pin gpu cable!. The polarity is reversed. I just checked and I'm getting 12v on the tab side
The polarity isn't reverse, ground and positive are just swapped I believe, with the right cable it'll work fine, but I haven't found anything for this server. I guess if you're confident and want to try you can DIY a PCIe power cable

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
The polarity isn't reverse, ground and positive are just swapped I believe, with the right cable it'll work fine, but I haven't found anything for this server. I guess if you're confident and want to try you can DIY a PCIe power cable
I would call the guys at moddiy and see if they'll make a run of the right adapter cable.

Zalouma

Aug 5, 2020
I got my 2.54mm 4-pin SATA power cables in the other day. I had to swap the red and yellow wires, but they work perfectly for my boot disk. I damaged one of them, so I had to order another. At least 3 out of 4 servers are setup correctly, but they all work for now.

Do you mind sharing which cable you bought for sata power? I bought like 4 different cables wont fit in the MB socket, your help is highly appreciated

xinpig

Feb 17, 2021