Gigabyte Ga-9sisl c2k bug anyone know how to fix this?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pr1malr8ge

Nov 27, 2017
Short story long.. I have a GB Ga-9sisl, it worked for a little while then the BMC stopped working and it would not power on at all.. I thought this was the C2k bug and after hounding Gigabyte they gave me an RMA this was the time when it was big in the tech news. The Support department were playing dumb and saying there was no known bugs for this chipset. Needless to say I was irritated that my NAS was down and that it wasn't realy fast enough for what I wanted so whilst waiting I ordered a Super micro system. The MB came back and worked. I used it for only a few days long enough to power the nas up to do a live transfer of the pool data to the new NAS I built. Fast forward about a year or so I decided to repurpose the 9sisl for a Pfsense box.. This lasted a whole 3 months. I came home one day for the machine to be down. I can get into the BMC but it will never post. Alas this is the true C2k bug and what ever issue orriginaly was fixed.. None the less the board is out of warranty. I would love to use it for something Either a VM host or maybe an offsite backup of my data at a friends/family location..

If anyone knows how to fix this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Adam.