Getting HP G7 hardware status to show in vCenter

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

uberamd

Dec 26, 2016
Minnesota
blog.stevem.io
Hi all,

I've added an HP DL380 G7 to my homelab and installed the latest HP ESXi 6.0 update to the server. Also added it to my vCenter 6.5 appliance.

The server shows up and everything looks peachy, however the hardware status tab under Monitoring just shows "No host data available." I can't seem to find any resources on getting this to display properly, but based on my reading ESXi 6u2 is indeed supported on the DL380 G7 hardware.

Has anyone had success getting this data to display? Everything under the CIM data is just empty.

Mar 7, 2015
In my VCSA 6.5, the Hardware Health - Sensors screen is blank for both of my DL380 G7 hosts. It could be a missing vib issue, although HP only seems to have vibs for 6.0. That being said, when I installed the HP vibs in 6.0, I could no longer activate HA, so be careful if you go that route.

See this site for info on where to find the vibs: Install ESXi 6.0 on a DL380 G5 – yes it works

Edit: more info:

HPE VMWare ESXi 6.5 Image - Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community
vSphere ESXi 6.5.0 Hardware Sensors | VMware Communities

Last edited: