FYI: Supermicro motherboard BIOS & Monitor Resolution -- MATTERS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
After spending hours trying to figure out what was wrong with my motherboard I've come to the realization that Supermicro BIOS doesn't support 1024x768 which is the 1U monitor/kb station I have... I snagged a Dell 20" and just plugged it in and it worked just fine.

I've notified SuperMicro.

I also couldn't figure out why the reset button wouldn't work, and then realized randomly it was rebooting by itself too... turns out the SWITCH on this cheap-ass case was bad, yanked the wires and 0 problems since.

chinesestunna

Jan 23, 2015
After spending hours trying to figure out what was wrong with my motherboard I've come to the realization that Supermicro BIOS doesn't support 1024x768 which is the 1U monitor/kb station I have... I snagged a Dell 20" and just plugged it in and it worked just fine.

I've notified SuperMicro.

I also couldn't figure out why the reset button wouldn't work, and then realized randomly it was rebooting by itself too... turns out the SWITCH on this cheap-ass case was bad, yanked the wires and 0 problems since.
That's not a bad switch, it's a feature :) Glad to hear you got it fixed

Reactions: T_Minus