Fusion-io ioFX drivers and firmware issues

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Crasstoe

Nov 2, 2019
Long time lurker however I have an issue I haven't been able to find a solution for. Bit of a long shot but here goes... Trying to install a PCI IOFX 420GB SSD card and hit a roadblock.

Updated to latest version of VSL driver and IOFX firmware I could find and they just don't talk.

In cmd line I get an error saying the firmware needs to be updated but I can't find anything newer.

Any ideas?

Crasstoe

Nov 2, 2019
SOLVED! Thanks go to @Aquacow for bearing with me whilst I worked through this issue.

The solution is to use --bypass-uptodate when trying to update to an older version of firmware. Using -f would not work as it was already updated to a newer version of firmware.

The cmd line looks like this when it works:

C:\Program Files\Fusion-io\Firmware>fio-update-iodrive --bypass-uptodate fusion_3.2.11-20150618.fff

WARNING: DO NOT TURN OFF POWER OR RUN ANY IODRIVE UTILITIES WHILE THE FIRMWARE UPDATE IS IN PROGRESS
Please wait...this could take a while

WARNING: YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO FORCE A FIRMWARE VERSION DOWNGRADE - THIS MAY RESULT IN DATA LOSS
Do you wish to continue [y/n]? y
Updating: [====================] (100%) -
fct0 - successfully updated the following:
Updated the firmware from 7.2.5 rev 110646 to 7.2.5 rev 110646
Updated CONTROLLER from 7.2.5.110646 to 7.1.17.116786
Updated SMPCTRL from 1.0.35 to 1.0.35

Please reboot this machine to activate new firmware.