Fusion-io iodrive - This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Looks like Appendix E is the section most interesting concerning any firmware update process/woes in the User Guide

Reactions: TangoWhiskey9

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Ok so version of firmware 40344, Jan 15, 2010 manufacture date (yikes!)

I have HP firmware/ driver 2.2.3 and that flashed the card. Making some major progress today!

Firmware upgraded to 101583. Light is on and green! Low level format in progress.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Sweet! Let us know when you get it up and fully operational and bench's...muuaaahhh glorious benchmarks!

You the the fusion-io iodrive 320 GB version right?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I found the easiest way to flash the card was via the command line rather than their management interface on Windows, it's a very straight forward command and says it either is going to do it or it isn't and the command is the same regardless of os, if you load the newer driver and do fio-status, is the card reported to be running in minimal mode? Or not at all?
I just did this, and it is certainly the way to go. I could not get the web interface to allow me to upgrade from 2.3.x to 3.x.

The command that let me do it:
fio-update-iodrive -f -d /dev/fct0 "C:\Fusion-io\ioaccelerator_3.2.8-20140508.fff"

I got the fct0 from fio-status command. You have to add /dev/ to it or it will not work. The path can change depending on where the firmware is.

Deci

Feb 15, 2015
If you do the command without listing a specific card it just does all fusionio cards in the system.

Birdie333

May 10, 2018
Hi,
like most fusion io tasks it's hard to find all commands. do you know the easiest way to update the firmware on the card in windows using the command line?

Login to the fusion io website. Download the latest driver for that card that they offer, it should come with the latest firmware and some instructions in a pdf file. If they don't say otherwise you can just get the latest version firmware from hp (google and use the firmware revision you got from fusion io to find the download links easier) and flash the card to that version.

I found the easiest way to flash the card was via the command line rather than their management interface on Windows, it's a very straight forward command and says it either is going to do it or it isn't and the command is the same regardless of os, if you load the newer driver and do fio-status, is the card reported to be running in minimal mode? Or not at all?

Birdie333

May 10, 2018
Many thanks Deci. I tried the latest of both driver and firmware when running the fio-status command I get cant run until drivers are installed; I did a reboot. I got close using the oldest vsl driver vsl-2.1.0-Dell and was able to run the status command but got error that it was expecting 2.1.0 but found 2.2.3. But that's progress. Tried updating firmware but it failed but I need to get rid of the 2.2.3 first. Be funny if I were looking for drivers for the wrong card but the hp 2008 r2 server sees them as fusion. Adding pics.

Hi,
like most fusion io tasks it's hard to find all commands. do you know the easiest way to update the firmware on the card in windows using the command line?

Attachments