EU Fusion-IO 3.2TB - A condition, 20+ available £184.20.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jaysa

May 25, 2018
These have been on here several times. There is a detailed thread on here with Acquacow helping muchly.

I have one of these under Server 2016 running great, bought from this seller a few months ago. That was Grade 'A' as well and less than 1% used. Came by DHL or UPS, packaged great.

Deal because these are usually £220-240 Grade 'B'. Sorry no idea of postal charges to EU.

ebay link

Reactions: Samir and nikalai

jaysa

May 25, 2018
I guess you are in Denmark from that ETA and your moniker?

For UK mainland delivery, I bought one on 3 November, which will arrive 5 November.

acquacow

Feb 15, 2017
Yup, I've been watching that one.

Also thank you everyone offering to ship them to me, but I'm good. =)

Reactions: Samir

hmartin

Sep 20, 2017
What's the actual power consumption when idle? I did a quick search of the forum and couldn't find anything obvious in previous Fusion-IO threads.

According to this OCP datasheet, their typical power consumption is 19W. Is that active or idle?

acquacow

Feb 15, 2017
What's the actual power consumption when idle? I did a quick search of the forum and couldn't find anything obvious in previous Fusion-IO threads.

According to this OCP datasheet, their typical power consumption is 19W. Is that active or idle?
The drive reports it's actual power consumption that you can query via fio-status -a at all times.

Idle is around 4-5w for the FPGA and groomer activity.

Peak write wattage depends on the workload, but is about 20-22w on a 1.2TB ioDrive2. The ioDrive3s can push up to 55w under peak write.

This is why it's important to have slots that can actually supply that power on the motherboard, and then important to set PCIe power override in the config to allow the card to draw the power and not throttle under writes. They default to 25w in case you install them in an older board/slot.

hmartin

Sep 20, 2017
Idle is around 4-5w for the FPGA and groomer activity.

Peak write wattage depends on the workload, but is about 20-22w on a 1.2TB ioDrive2. The ioDrive3s can push up to 55w under peak write.
I tried to see what kind of ioDrive this listing is for, but couldn't come to a conclusive answer. It seems like it's an "ioScale" but I have no idea whether that's an ioDrive/2/3.

Anyway, the seller hiked the price to £198, so not as interesting anymore.

mmk

Oct 15, 2016
Czech Republic
Bought one because the price was just too good to ignore. Shipping to EU was about the normal GSP charge (~15GBP) so not too bad for an item of this price.

Will stick it in my secondary ESXi box so I don't need any other datastores and can throw out the RAID controller entirely. Should be quite nice.

acquacow

Feb 15, 2017
You guys aren't very good with the google, lol!

SX300
https://www.sandisk.com/content/dam...0-pcie-application-accelerators-datasheet.pdf

SX350
https://www.sandisk.com/content/dam...0-pcie-application-accelerators-datasheet.pdf

PX600

The previous "ioScale" datasheet is accurate. There was no difference between the "ioScale" and "ioDrive" cards other than the default overprovisioning (which you can easily change with fio-format). I think by default it was 10% instead of 20%.

So you can compare all of those and decide for yourself.

-- Dave