Fujitsu XG2600

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

hnamanh

Mar 16, 2015
Hi all,

I have recently bought a Fujitsu XG2600 but it has a username and password on it. I want to ask if anyone has any information on how to reset it to factory default settings. I could not find anything online on it.

Thanks in advance.

TrickyRicky65

Apr 19, 2019
Fujitsu XG2600 PASSWORD RESET PROCEDURE!!!! I figured it out!!! First, press the 'reset' pin-hole on the device before you plug power into the device. Plug power into the device. Continue holding the 'reset' for a few seconds only. Holding it too long will negate the process. On your computer, configure your network card ip address to 192.168.1.2 with subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. Plug in a network cable from your computer directly to the 'management port' on the device. Create a telnet session, I used putty, to 192.168.1.1. You should get a 'backup#' prompt. Type 'reset clear' with no quotes and press enter. The device will restart. I waited for the restart based on the led lights on the device. I had to do this because the device had just been reset, therefore it has no ip address anymore when it starts 'normally' with out the 'reset' being pressed. After it seemed like it had restarted, I unplugged the device from power. Disconnect the network cable from the 'management port'. These next steps were to confirm the device had been reset completely. Password and all! Connect the RS232 to rj45 conversion cable to the console port on the device. Connect the RS232 side of the conversion cable to your computer. I had to use a 9 pin serial to USB conversion cable and plugged that into a USB port on my computer. I did have to wait for my computer to 'recognize' the 'serial COM Port' that had just been plugged into a USB port. Plug power back into the device. Use a 'dumb terminal emulator', I used Termite, to initiate a console session. Configure the port for 9600,N,8,1 no flow control. You will get a 'Login:' prompt. Type 'admin' with no quotes and hit enter. You should get a 'Password:' prompt. Just hit enter' Viola!