Fujitsu RX300S8, Please help!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

AndyMuz

Mar 20, 2022
Good morning all!

I am hoping someone can please help point me in the right direction as I am a complete newb!

I have just got hold of my first cheap second hand server. It is a Fujitsu RX300S8 and I want to install WindowsServer 22 on it.
It came with no HDD, however it has 4 x SATA drives as can be seen in the photo.

I have gone into BIOS menu and changed it to boot from USB (I have put the windows ISO file onto a USB) but nothing happens.

Please see the attached screen shots :)

Thank you

Attachments

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
If you have set the boot menu in the bios, you should be able to press F12 to open it during boot, select the device to boot from and proceed with your installation. Obviously that assumes that your boot media is good and the BIOS is set accordingly, i.e to use uefi or legacy boot modes :)
I normally use Rufus to create my windows boot media, but there's a bazillion ways to do it. Just search for it, it's a free utility.

You also have an LSI card in there with the ROM BIOS active in RAID mode, so that will slow things down a bit during boot. You might want to consider changing that to pure IT mode later.