EXPIRED Fujitsu Quadro RTX4000 €650 OBO

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Just found a seller offering a couple of Fujitsu branded RTX4000's.

They are company surplus according to the seller, brand new. They accepted 550 ea for 2 - do free shipping, accept PayPal and even offer a tax invoice. He claimed to have 2 boxes full, so maybe he'll add some more after the initial auction.

On the downside - the seller has 0 ratings ... but its a good price (not ridiculously cheap either) so worth the gamble.

Reactions: Samir and gb00s

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
You have 'eBay Kaeuferschutz' (Protection). I checked it. So you would get your money back.

EDIT: But check if the invoice is assigned to a 'real' company. Otherwise, you might get problems with FA explaining why you provide an invoice from a non-existing company. But who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
I have made deals on eBay with PayPal payments and eBay rejected to help as the seller(!!!) was not under 'eBay Kaeuferschutz' program. Just weeks ago. Lost, so ...

Reactions: Samir

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
2 more gone and 2 left.
Apparently these are all - no more to come as he told me, so if you want them, get 'em while they last:)

Reactions: Samir and gb00s

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Yeah.
Got a tracking# (and pics of the parcel) already but not actually shipped yet.
But looks fairly legit 'till now.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Got mine today, looking good.
Only thing not as promised is the invoice which is not a VAT invoice after all.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
If he sold & delivered as a company from outside of Germany the invoice is not subject to VAT and reverse charge mechanism applies. I hope he sold as commercial and not private?!

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Currently discussing with him ... and yes, they sold as company.
In the end its still a good price even if I cant deduct VAT, but its just not what he said he'd do. Potentially a misunderstanding.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
ok he can claim he sold w/o VAT what’s usually the case for business between diffevent countries. If he said he will show VAT it’s a different story. I doubt it with this low price, because then he has another ~20% less.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
He could but it was a b2c sale originally (and described accordingly)... but yes I doubt he will honor that too;)

bob_dvb

Sep 7, 2018
Not quite London
www.orbit.me.uk
ok he can claim he sold w/o VAT what’s usually the case for business between diffevent countries. If he said he will show VAT it’s a different story. I doubt it with this low price, because then he has another ~20% less.
If it is sold within the EU then VAT needs to be applied, only if it is export outside the EU it could be exempt.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
If it is sold within the EU then VAT needs to be applied, only if it is export outside the EU it could be exempt.
This is not correct. If it’s a B2B in 2 diff EU countries, this is not subject to VAT and I was under the impression @Rand__ was trading as business on eBay. If the seller is offering an invoice showing VAT the seller has to be acknowledged as business as well. Even as B2B you can ask to pay VAT in order to reduce your VAT ‘debt’ in your own country if you, as a business, collected invoices with VAT from other local customers.

If @Rand__ acted as non-business, there’s no doubt VAT has to be shown on an invoice, except the seller is a non-business as well. But then you wouldn’t talk about VAT at all. The info that this was a B2C came in his last post.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I actually bought it with my non business account which I usually do since it has the better CC linked;)
All VAT discussion was an afterthought (me hoping for the best) and only done in Ebay Message, but there he asked for company to address this to and I provided the details inc VAT ID.

I am not sure they are aware of the intrinsics of inter EU trade - the invoice does not look legally sound to be honest (for a company invoice) [as little as I have *really* looked into that]

netswitch

Sep 24, 2018
I often have the problem with German sellers on ebay, they just don't want to make a vat exempt invoice..

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
This is actually a Czech seller, but your point holds.

I can tell you that that is based on the German tax system which has very strict rules on when you can exempt VAT and when not depending on where the item goes to [and the ability to proove that] and how the seller got it.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
I often have the problem with German sellers on ebay, they just don't want to make a vat exempt invoice..
I have and never had problems to receive VAT exempted invoice from a German company if you provide your own (companies) VAT No in your country and they can check and legitimize the info provided for them. The seller is eligible to ask for your VAT No and is responsible if false information were provided.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I have and never had problems to receive VAT exempted invoice from a German company if you provide your own (companies) VAT No in your country
That's only true within the EU where its actually quite simple :)