Fujitsu D2607 - LSI SAS-2008 - $25.49 on eBay

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

FireDrunk

Aug 17, 2016
I have one of these, but was unable to crossflash it to IT mode. It has a different PCIID which interferes with the flashing process.

Might be valuable info for people who want to use these with ZFS or something.

Haven't tried the suggested link, so YMMV.

ealvar

Mar 4, 2013
I ran into the same issue with crossflash to IT mode. I'll have to try the updated instructions OP linked. I gave up when I first got the card and it's been sitting in a drawer since. Perhaps there's hope.

dragonme

Apr 12, 2016
I picked one up as well.. also managed to find the same link over at Lime.. there is a link in there on the original guy that hacked the sas2flash into sas2hack and he explains in more detail why he did what he did...

hope it works.. I bricked a intel lsi based daughterboard for my s5520hc motherboard followin a 'guide' that didnt work and now it doesnt show up anywhere not even the pci list...

someone report back if they can get the whole thing to work with the dos versions of the tools or if someone does the binary editor treatemnt on the dos versions....

thanks

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
I got one and finally flashed fw. Had hell of a time. But megarec could see it so I knew card was good. It is a convoluted process. We typically flash sbrempty for most if not all other HBAs.
EFI system is required as the patched tool sas2hax is only efi. This card requires correct sbr file to see both the ports and that is the last step.

Dos megarec
Cleanflash & writesbr
EFI sas2hax to flash the FW (twice in the instructions. Expect reset failed error message.) I only did once then flash the SAS address and skipped the bios

Dos megarec
flash the SBR again

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nnyan

Mar 5, 2012
The second linked offering accepted $20 with free ship. For that price worth it to try to flash.

dragonme

Apr 12, 2016
well it came.. looks to be in good shape...

only system I have that has efi shell is my primary server so I would have to power down and pull it out of the cabinet... urgh... perhaps I will wait...

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Make sure it is not D2616-A22. They both look almost similar. But that card is based on SAS2108 and can not be flashed as HBA.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
for anyone wondering if the standard PCI brackets for LSI cards would work, I think the answer is yes. I had a spare Dell H310 full height PCI bracket around so tried it out:

IMG_20170623_123431.jpg IMG_20170623_123456.jpg

There seems to be 2 sets of mounting holes as can be seen in the 2nd picture. The round holes have a wider spacing between them and are closer to the bracket. There are 2 other "square" holes that seem to fit the Dell H310 bracket I had just fine.

segfault

Apr 5, 2016
hasno.info
Got mine yesterday and I've just flashed it. Detected fine in linux. I'll try it in freenas later this week when I move things around.