Fujitsu 9211-8i D2607 LSISAS2008 wont flash to anything

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Jonny

Dec 26, 2016
JUMP TO ANSWER Fujitsu 9211-8i D2607 LSISAS2008 wont flash to anything

Hi Guys,

I've been trying for days now to flash my new Fujitsu 9211-8i D2607 LSISAS2008 to LSI IT mode. I've tried loads of guides, sas2flash versions, firmwares, with and without the BIOS. Keeps failing on this (see below).

Any one have any ideas why its happening.

Currently using UEFI to Flash, card is in the 1st PCI slot, disabled on board SATA controller and USB 3 Controller.

Guides I have tried;
Updated: SAS HBA crossflashing or flashing to IT mode, Dell Perc H200 and H310
SAS HBA crossflashing or flashing to IT mode, Dell Perc H200 and H310
Fujitsu D2607 (SAS2008) IT mode

Still unable to get it working :s. Need to get this HBA working, current SATA PCI card is on the blink :(

Any help would be most appreciated
_____
Jonny

Last edited:

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
Any help with be most appreciated
In general, you want to use the oldest flash utility that works with your card / chip to switch from IR to IT and / or from manufacturer firmware to generic firmware. Once you get the card into the "flavor" you want, then use the latest flash utility and firmware to get up-to-date in that mode.

The flashing utilities have been getting more and more picky about this. There are even some chip revs that aren't recognized by the newest flash utility that allows cross-flashing. In those cases, you need to resort to something more extreme, like megarec.

Jonny

Dec 26, 2016
In general, you want to use the oldest flash utility that works with your card / chip to switch from IR to IT and / or from manufacturer firmware to generic firmware. Once you get the card into the "flavor" you want, then use the latest flash utility and firmware to get up-to-date in that mode.

The flashing utilities have been getting more and more picky about this. There are even some chip revs that aren't recognized by the newest flash utility that allows cross-flashing. In those cases, you need to resort to something more extreme, like megarec.
Hi Terry,

I've tried sas2flash versons, 5, 12, 15, 20
I've tried flashing to DELL firmware and 9211p7

I've used megarec for the SBR empty but nothing

Last edited:

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
Hi Terry,

I've tried sas2flash versons, 5, 12, 15, 20
I've tried flashing to DELL firmware and 9211p7
I'd suggest waiting for someone with experience with this specific card and conversion, in that case.
I've used megarec for the SBR empty but nothing
Megarec is sort of a last resort, as you can get yourself in a situation that's hard to get out of. For one thing, it wants a particular type of packaged "blob" of firmware, not the individual firmware / BIOS / etc. parts.

Jonny

Dec 26, 2016
I'd suggest waiting for someone with experience with this specific card and conversion, in that case.

Megarec is sort of a last resort, as you can get yourself in a situation that's hard to get out of. For one thing, it wants a particular type of packaged "blob" of firmware, not the individual firmware / BIOS / etc. parts.
I shall wait for someone else.

So if someone had the same card and it was working, could they read there SBR and then I write it in to mine? Which would get the card working? Then I can set the SAS address back.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Flash using LSI P7 (verson 7) tools, then use latest LSI v20 tools to cross flash. Flashed many a H310/H200 this way. If you need utilities let me know and I can shoot ya over link to my files.

Jonny

Dec 26, 2016
Flash using LSI P7 (verson 7) tools, then use latest LSI v20 tools to cross flash. Flashed many a H310/H200 this way. If you need utilities let me know and I can shoot ya over link to my files.
if you can give me your files, that would be great, I had trouble finding v7 tools

Jonny

Dec 26, 2016
I forgot to add that have to use EFi Sas2Flash, no system I have supports the DOS one

Jonny

Dec 26, 2016

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Get a BIOS based system to flash, sorry no other suggestions. I will attempt a cross-flash for you if ya wanna send to me, done many times for other members here. Just cover ship to/back and we are good if you don't have access to a BIOS based system to flash.

PM me if you want to take me up on offer.

Jonny

Dec 26, 2016
EDIT: please go to LSI Controller FW updates IR/IT modes for most up to date guide, its hard keeping 2 guides up to date.

Good news :D:D

I followed this guide but his SBR didnt work for me.

After some more reverse engineering, I have gotten it all to work. I got p20 IT mode currently.

I had to edit the SBR a little more, changing the value of "lone little mystery yellow byte" in this guide I tried the value of 04, 07 and then I thought I'd start at 00 and make my way up to FF. BOOM! it saw all drives when I first tried 00. Its little tricky because you have to recalculate the checksum back to 5b, but it's do able and I was able to do it.

Which version of 9211-8i should I use p20 or p19? I read some things about p20 but some say its been fixed.

Create DOS USB using RUFUS and copy these files to the USB
Follow guide using the files below on a USB. sas2flsh.efi is renamed to sas2hax.efi on these files.
MAKE SURE you do a "megarec -readsbr 0 sbrbackup.bin" before starting so you backup your original SBR
SBR SBR-A11.bin or SBR-A21.bin should get it working. Contains, p19 sas2flash thats been patched, P20 IT and IR Modes.
SBR-A21.bin worked on My D2607-A21
SBR-A11.bin worked on My D2607-A11

The two different SBR's are to get the second sas port working. you may need to try both, to get it working.

Last edited:
Reactions: stamster

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Good deal/congrats on sorting this out! FW ver 20.00.04.00 or 20.00.07.00 (latest) should be solid.

Reactions: stamster