FT: My new-in-box Nvidia RTX3090 for another Nvidia 3000/some combination of other recent nvidia GPUs

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

NickM

Jul 19, 2015
I have a new-in-box Founders Edition 3090 I just purchased at roughly MSRP and have in hand. It's really more card than I need, but it's what I could buy. Rather than sell it at scalper-pricing and then turn around and buy some other more moderate cards at scalper-pricing, I'm looking for a flexible GPU trade of some sort.

My needs are flexible, but my vague notion is that either combined MSRP or combined "ebay gpu scalper" prices of what I have ought to roughly match what you've got in trade; cash can make up a couple hundred dollar difference in either direction, but I'm not going to outright sell it at any price (please don't ask).

I'd like to get at least one RTX3070 or 3080 back, plus something flexible to make up the difference. Without looking too closely, a 3080 + 3070 or 2x3070 + 3060ti might be about right, or maybe something older that's good for a transcoding box (P2000?), maybe even 1070 - 2xxx. I don't mind a reasonable bit of use, but abused mining cards get downvalued a bit in my book.

Last edited:

TLN

Feb 26, 2016
I got 3070 running in my system for a few months. And potentially 3060 Ti, Might have some older nvidia as well. (Need to check).
Wonder how much cash you'd be looking on top?
And if theres anyting you can be interested in: switches, ddr4 ram, etc.

NickM

Jul 19, 2015
The 3070 and 3060ti could be a good start, I'd say we'd just have to look at the specifics of recent sales to figure out the cash difference.

Other stuff I might need:
I'm actively looking for some silent 10ge switches; I've specifically identified an icx7150-24p or 48p as my ideal target. One of the c12 compact ones might be nice too

I also have a vague desire to upgrade a VM/SAN host running a single xeon L5640 + supermicro x8dte to something more power efficient (e5 v3?), but don't have a good feel for the cost effective options

TLN

Feb 26, 2016
Actually I have some interesting stuff:
-ASUS TS700 Server: Z10PE D16 WS mobo (dual Xeon, 6x pcie x16, 16x ddr4). I have pair of Xeons and DDR4 sticks. Will be PIA to ship.
-I don't have big 10ge switches, but I have compact Aruba 2930 8G with 10G SFP+ uplinks. Totally silent with PoE+.

It's hard to estimate fair costs and shipping quote, but PM me if you're interesting in any combo.
ps. Are you in Chicago by any chance?

ServerSemi

Jan 12, 2017
I have never seen anyone complete a trade like this online. I say just sell the card for whatever you can get and buy whatever you want as to avoid wasting people's time. You will never be happy with what people will offer you.

That and the logistics of it. Who will ship first? What happens if things go south? Too many variables.

Reactions: josh and Originalus

ovisis

Dec 29, 2019
that would be a very weird dystopian world after society has collapsed and GPUs are traded for cheese or rice.

Would be happy to purchase the 3090 outright. I myself have a GTX1080 but understandable if you choose to ship/trade domestically only (I am located in Australia).