FS: xtra e5-2696 v3 $800

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

squidman

Jul 8, 2017
Need to let it go (reluctantly), bought three in case one was DOA. Tested good in my mobo around a couple of months ago. Paid around 800 usd, need to see break-even or thereabouts.

As you know, this is an OEM processor, and one of the best for the anandtech hack of unlocking v3 processors..same as e5-2699 (18 cores etc). Can do a switcharoo on my mobo (has two) to double check all working again with screenshots etc. Tempted to keep it for a tiny rendering machine (wow in maya/vray/etc, cannot have too many cores!), but guess have to finance this new build somehow!

Let me know if interested, will look up shipping and insurance etc. Prefer to let it go to sth community rather than ebay, or here in Norway (everybody all la-la over threadripper! ok then but not quite 2x 18 cores!).

Not too too sure how to go about this, maybe easiest thing is via some ebay private sale if that exists? At least US peps don't have to worry about GST/Sales tax etc and import taxes (uhhhm 25% here!).

PM if interested.

Last edited:

brinox

May 7, 2013
Just wanted to chime in and say you should probably edit your asking price to be a little more obvious and stated, per the trading forum rules here.

Good luck selling - I wish I had the need and the platform to work with this proc!

squidman

Jul 8, 2017
Thanks for the heads up, my bad. In a rush here.

Asking price 800 usd + shipping and insurance if needed. Unable to edit post/thread headline for some reason..otherwise would have done it asap..prbly the bbs system..(hello admin?)..

Advice too appreciated from STH forum members on private sales how to best go about this..much appreciated! Yes have paypal etc but no US bank account.

Last edited:
Reactions: Erlipton

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
By timestamp he meant a picture of the item with a piece of paper nearby with your username and the date written on it. It's something that some people do to help prove they really have the item and aren't using a stock photo as part of a scam. It's by no means required, but helps build credibility when you're new to selling here.

Reactions: squidman

squidman

Jul 8, 2017
Ok but that seems a bit low-tech? I assume he means a NEWSPAPER e.g. nytimes or something...! ?? HAHAHA that's ok..how about NYPost? will that do? Or Bergens Tidende? Been watching too many spy movies?

What a classic! Hope he doesn't want a dead-drop as well! As US newspapers including the IHT are out of date here, the best I could do would be a local rag such as Bergens Tidende or Bergens Avisen or something...

And well don't see how a hand-written note would help..has to be a newspaper! That's how they do it in the movies at least! :):)

Srry know you meant well all helping with the selling thing..but had to have a bit of a laugh! Now let me just source a foxy russian agent to complete the mission..:rolleyes:

Last edited:

squidman

Jul 8, 2017
See that Aestr, sorry for last post (not aimed at you!) but was thinking we could have upgraded the timestamp thing a bit. But I guess shot of item next to galaxy tab with todays headlines in NYtimes should be good enough. See the point tho, of course! Was a bit funny tho for me as I love those old lecarre spy novels!

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
A newspaper would certainly be taking it to another level... In the end it's all about how much you're willing to do to raise people's confidence in you as a seller since you're new to selling here and haven't provided any other selling history such as heatware.

squidman

Jul 8, 2017
Not selling heatware whatever that is! But can only assume it's some bad connotation! Like fencing or something I assume. Bought mine like many ors off of ebay, prbly same reseller..not game to try the Taobao thing yet and too many translation problems. This is just an honest-to goodness serious sale of unwanted xtra cpu..nothing less nothing more..thus why as newb on the forum I also asked for help from forum members!

But iff it's too dodgy for forum members or Patrick objects..man have no problem withdrawing my offer! Chrissakes mate! Trying to do STH forum members a favor as this is a pretty rare cpu these days! But members can always ebay it too of course! Some risks regarding import and GST/VAT from ebay/Taobao (which I have taken for them in a way! at least for my sale!), but yeah there it is mate!

Chill bro! Maybe I SHOULD set up a just for STH ebay website after all just for this one sale..man..is it even worth it?

ALL: this is A PERFECTLY LEGIT CPU BOUGHT OFF EBAY WITH RECEIPTS ETC AND FUNCTIONING..WILL PROVIDE RECEIPT...NOTWITHSTANDING D@@@@B@G COMMENTS! (You know who you are!)..nuff said..!!

Last edited:

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Okay I think you're misunderstanding things greatly and getting worked up for no reason. Nobody has accused you of anything shifty. This is the internet and people on this forum tend to be careful (there were some issues earlier this year). The best way to make people comfortable is to have successfully sold here before. Obviously that doesn't help new members and everyone needs to start somewhere. That's why there was the recommendation of the date marked verification.

Heatware is a 3rd party website where people can rate selling/buying/trading experiences they had with others so there is trustworthy public record. Check out heatware.com to learn more.

Again nobody is attacking you and as you requested we're trying to help you sell your item as quickly and effectively as possible. Reacting as you have isn't going to make people more likely to want to buy from you. If you have any question or concerns with the feedback reply civilly in the thread or via PM and I'm sure you'll get the help you asked for. If you're unsure of what someone is saying don't assume the worst and insult people, just ask for clarification.

Reactions: carlitoCabeza

squidman

Jul 8, 2017
Ok mate thanks for clearing up that misunderstanding! Had no idea there was something called heatware.com! But assume forum members can also sympathize with me regarding over-reacting to 'heatware' which obviously sounds shifty! Thanks for clearing that up, much appreciated! I would NOT or or most likely forum members either like to be accused of having anything to do with a website like that..so weelll..poor choice of website name! is all I can say! My bad but uhhmm..for a newb perfectly understandable! 'Heatwear'? really? would you even go to a site like that iff you weren't fencing or doing something shifty?

Again my bad, have been ebaying a long time, and dimly recollect heatwear, but seeing it out of nowhere in the wrong context..well...you can understand my reaction. Will say again tho, be a bit more careful in future how you use heatwear.com with forum members! A bit too easy to take out of context with simple chats!

Last edited:

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
I'm gonna just say this really simply:

a timestamp can literally just be a piece of paper(envelope or whatever) with your username and the current time written on it.

squidman

Jul 8, 2017
And how can that be some kind of credible time-stamp? Given most of us know how to photoshop the basics, and most peps here are admins of some kind? I stand by my old-skool take a pic of local newspaper for time-stamp thing!

Uhmm have to crash but will follow! May have to give up on selling the damned cpu, but almost worth it just to see the reactions!

Last edited:

squidman

Jul 8, 2017
Am tempted just to close this thread, Patrick/Admin how do I close it? Am Norwegian, but didn't expect this many Trolls..

carlitoCabeza

Nov 20, 2016
Am tempted just to close this thread, Patrick/Admin how do I close it? Am Norwegian, but didn't expect this many Trolls..
And here folks is a classic example of overreaction at its best.

I Don't see the reason why you're being so defensive, your actitude just make buying from you, a no no, people tried to explain to you even softly at times what what's all that about and you just went beserk... who's the troll?

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

squidman

Jul 8, 2017
Hi mate, going to hold on to it for now..see that prices have skyrocketed on ebay and taobao in any case (around 1200 - 1600), will update this post if I can figure out how to change old post to not for sale. Will let it go if I run into money problems tho!