[FS][US-IA] LAB PART OUT: Supermicro 836, X9DR7-LN4F, E5-2680v2, E3-1280, 8x16GB DDR3, Intel DC SSDs

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

levifig

Nov 27, 2017
levifig.com
Parting out my entire homelab, moving soon; keeping only my hard drives.

Feel free to make an offer, especially if buying multiple items.Prices are fairly firm, but combo purchases will soften the blow! Timestamps include assembled components ATM, but I'll update them with more detailed pictures as I start parting out everything.

NOTES:
  • EVERYTHING MUST GO! SEND ME YOUR OFFERS!!!
  • LOCAL IS 50010 (Ames, Iowa)
PHOTOS (updated frequently)

SERVER/CHASSIS

PRICE: SOLD to laserpaddy

IF YOU'RE WONDERING HOW QUIET THIS SYSTEM IS, I MADE A VIDEO SHOWING IT:

Prices do NOT include shipping. Almost everything will ship USPS Priority Mail.

HOMELAB GEAR
  • 1x Supermicro X9DR7-LN4F-JBOD - SOLD to laserpaddy
  • 2x Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 - SOLD to laserpaddy
  • 1x Intel Xeon E3-1280 - $70
  • 7x Transcend 16GB DDR3L 1600Mhz REG-DIMM 2Rx4 1Gx4 CL11 1.35V [TS2GKR72W6Z] (lifetime warranty) - $25/ea
  • 1x Transcend 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz REG-DIMM 4Rx8 512Mx8 CL9 1.5V [TS2GKR72V3H] BRAND NEW (warranty replacement, lifetime warranty) - $50
  • 4x Intel DC S3710 400GB (S.M.A.R.T.) - SOLD (Reddit)
  • 2x Intel DC S3500 480GB (S.M.A.R.T.) - $50/ea
  • 2x Supermicro PWS-1K21P-1R - $15/ea
  • 1x MikroTik CRS328-24P-4S+RM (<3 months old) - $280
  • 2x MikroTik cAP ac (INTL) (<3 months old) - $50/ea

CONSUMER GEAR
  • Asus ROG Rampage VI Apex - $375
  • Intel i7-7820X (delidded w/ copper IHS) - SOLD (Reddit)
  • Corsair H115i PRO RGB (barely used) - $90
  • D-Link DCM-301 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem - SOLD (Reddit)

I might add more things as we go. Will definitely add more photos as things start parting out. I also have a thread on /r/HardwareSwap with more “consumer” gear.

I’m moving internationally in a couple of months. I would really like to get rid of all of this, so I’m open to offers, as long as they are reasonable (aka within the range of similar sold items on eBay, here, or on Reddit).

Thank you for reading and look forward to doing business with you! o/

--LF

Last edited:
Reactions: gigatexal and Samir

levifig

Nov 27, 2017
levifig.com
Sold Supermicro 836 chassis (+ extras), X9DR7-LN4F, and 2x E5-2680v2 to laserdaddy. He drove up to pick them up and we chatted for a good 45m. Fine gentleman and a pleasure to meet. Thank you for driving up and for the great conversation! o/

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
I have not traded on any forums for a very long time. This thread just reminded me how annoyed I used to get with the sellers removing the sale prices after the item was sold. I do not care anymore but I still do not understand the reason. Would you mind sharing yours?

levifig

Nov 27, 2017
levifig.com
I have not traded on any forums for a very long time. This thread just reminded me how annoyed I used to get with the sellers removing the sale prices after the item was sold. I do not care anymore but I still do not understand the reason. Would you mind sharing yours?
I have debated that quite a bit myself. I like seeing sold prices but I've historically removed them out of respect for other sellers. I think a sale needs to be determined by an "offer" and "demand: if a buyer finds the price fair, they shouldn't be kept away from the sale just because they saw someone get the same thing cheaper before. This is especially true when it comes to used gear: they come in all shapes and conditions, so historical pricing isn't always the best indicator of "good price".

I hope that makes sense. I really don't do it to hide anything. To be honest, it wouldn't make a difference to me… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In this case, I had the Supermicro + extras/optional items listed for $440, the X9DR7-LN4F for $275, and the 2x E5-2680v2 for $175/ea. I sold it, as a bundle, for $980.

Hope that helps.