FS: [US-CO] 7.68TB SAS SSD Fire Sale, Ubiquity Gear Added, Sonic Wall (Gotta Go)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Savant

Mar 15, 2017
They'd still work in a C6220 right?
They will. They are sas3, so you won't get full speed of the drives unless you have sas3 backplane and hba/raid controllers to connect them to, but they'll just sync up at the lower sas2 speeds.

Reactions: Samir

josh

Oct 21, 2013
They will. They are sas3, so you won't get full speed of the drives unless you have sas3 backplane and hba/raid controllers to connect them to, but they'll just sync up at the lower sas2 speeds.
I'm super tempted to get a bunch for my ceph cluster that runs on C6220s.

Savant

Mar 15, 2017
I'm super tempted to get a bunch for my ceph cluster that runs on C6220s.
Seller is out of town ATM I believe, but the lot of samsungs were snagged.
No more rust in the SAN for me ;)

If I could afford the seagate's I'd prefer them for the performance and write endurance, but the samsung will fit my needs well enough.

Brian Puccio

Jul 26, 2014
Seller is out of town ATM I believe, but the lot of samsungs were snagged.
No more rust in the SAN for me ;)

If I could afford the seagate's I'd prefer them for the performance and write endurance, but the samsung will fit my needs well enough.
I’m glad you bought them so now I couldn’t.

sergi0

Dec 4, 2016
Because they are hp that came out of a netapp disk shelf, they have more overall life consumed on them. They are not as high performance or write endurance as the nytro disks, and they were less expensive up front, so was trying to be fair. On time of that, I need them gone and the nytro drives are still like 1200$ used each the NTRI are about half that.
Thanks Michael for the precision. Will I be able to format them using a bigger sector size ? Does it need a specific appliance or software ?
cheers,
S.