[FS][US-CA] Clearing out new & used Supermicro 1U systems, ships worldwide

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

zac1

Oct 1, 2022
Clearing out some new and used servers. Ships worldwide from California via FedEx Express.

SYS-1019P-WTR — $1,300 new
  • Factory-installed: Intel® Xeon® Silver 4215 (8-Core, 16 Threads, 85W), 32GB ECC RAM (4x8), 240GB SM883 SSD
  • 6x DIMMs; up to 1.5TB 3DS ECC DDR4-2933MHz† RDIMM/LRDIMM
  • 2x PCI-E 3.0 x16 (FHFL) slots, 1x PCI-E 3.0 x8 (LP) slot
  • 10x Hot-swap 2.5" SATA3 drive bays (2 hybrid NVMe w/ AOC option)
  • 2x 10GBase-T ports with Intel X722 + X557
  • 1 VGA, 1 COM, 4 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0
  • 500W Redundant Platinum Level power supplies
  • 1U Rackmount with rack rails and mounting hardware
New
Used

SYS-E301-9D-8CN8TP — $1275 used
  • Same board/base chassis as E300-9D-8CN8TP with taller lid and dual brackets for 4x 2.5"
  • 128GB ECC RAM (4x32)
  • Includes rackmount kit and power adapter

STH Testimonials
I had the smoothest worry free transaction with Zach. Super great guy and line of communication is always open and helpful. Will repeat again!
I purchased a E3C246D4U2-2T, 64gb of ECC RAM, and a E-2144G from Zach as a combo on eBay after finding him here. It listed with 32gb of RAM and we worked out a deal to bump that up after I had purchased it. Packaging was immaculate and shipping was basically instant. I was waiting on a few other things (case, SSDs) from Amazon for several days after the combo arrived despite having ordered those things first. Highly recommend him, I will definitely be back for more once my wallet heals a bit from all the recent activity.
Got a Supermicro SYS-5019D-FN8TP NIB from Zach. He shipped faster than anyone I’ve ever worked with, server arrived in great shape. Can’t wait to get it up and running as my new router.

He’s an amazing seller, would recommend without reservation!
Zach is amazing. Bought from him before, super quick shipment and great communication.
One of the best sellers here!
Bought a E3C246D4U2-2T and some ram from @zac1 Got here really quick, and works great so far!
I bought a Supermicro A2SDi-8C-HLN4F from @zac1. This is my second time buying from him, and this was on behalf of a friend. As others have said, the pricing was excellent, and the packaging was top-notch - you can tell care and attention were given. It took two days to arrive, and I'm in Canada - Shipping within Canada is slower. Would highly recommend, and definitely the first I'd go to for motherboards/CPUs/RAM.
Very happy with a purchase from @zac1. They happily answered all of my questions, put up with my lame jokes, fired jokes right back at me, and helped with a little troubleshooting. Contents were well packaged and arrived without damage. Everything looks new (some even was new) and at a really good price even for used stuff on the market.

Highly recommend and would purchase from again!
Ordering a E3C246D4U2-2T from @zac1. Thanks for the overnight shipping! Well packaged!

I hope to work on it this weekend.
Just wanted to give @zac1 another kudos. I ordered a 5019A-FTN4 (A2SDi-8C-HLN4F) system from him. Less than 18 hours from California to the Chicago suburbs! I was a bit hesitant to pull the trigger, as his price was quite literally too good to be true. Normally I'm leery of stuff that falls under that umbrella... but here it is!

That A2SDi-8C-HLN4F makes a killer TrueNAS board. Though it has a PCIe x4 slot, it's open on one end, so accommodates bigger cards. I have an x8 10gig NIC in there (single port) working fine.

+1 would buy from him again.
I went a little crazy and bought a number of things from Zach. He is amazing to deal with and really went above and beyond in every way to help me out. Zach's provides great service and is is hands down one of the nicest people I had the pleasure of meeting. The cheap shipping makes particularly international purchases really attractive however it has and will likely not be good for my wallet!

I intend do deal with Zach again, maybe even this week (sorry wallet)
Another positive testimonial. Bought some motherboards from them. Being from Canada, one always worries about high prices and shipping drama, but none whatsoever here. Great communication, fast and well packaged shipping. I got the sense that he really wants to make sure everyone comes out happy and offers great value and service. Easily the best online buying experience for me.
Thanks! Zach. It was pleasure doing business with you. You mean what you say. It's a rare thing nowadays.
Crazy super duper mega pro extreme ultra epYc packaging @zac1 ty
No seriously, this is awesome. Thanks a lot.
Another happy customer as well. Purchased a Mobo/Ram Combo. Already had latest firmware and fresh Memtest results along w/ fast shipping.
Another happy customer! I ordered an E302, X11/W2145 combo, a bunch of RAM, some X10 boards and a Tyan S8026 from Zac and everything came in perfect shape!

Was great experience purchasing from him, will absolutely buy more stuff from him as I build our/upgrade my setup!
First buy sell experience on this board went great. Zac1 impressed me with the shipping. Great price and faster than from the super micro store! I will definitely buy from again if or when I need to purchase another system.
Impressive in both effciency, delivery time and very nice and reactive. Receive the mobo in a couple of days on the other side of the atlantic, nicely packed and working flawlessly.
Please dealing with you @zac1!
Be me, fresh STHer, with very little activity and low reaction score.
See @zac1's ad, message him about a combo, get a lighting fast response, with an awesome price.
Have the package delivered next business day at no extra cost, and be happy building the NAS of your dreams.

And seriously, great communication, lightning fast shipment, and very helpful. You'd think it should be normal for all sellers, but some people don't even bother to answer PMs.
A belated +1 for Zac's 24 hour Express store. Got my E300s in less than 24 hours from PM to door. Great guy and packaging :)
@zac1 has the largest SuperMicro warehouse outside of their HQ. Bought a crazy amount of RAM from him... came packaged better than if Samsung shipped them. He goes above and beyond... ships stuff overnight. Probably works for the government so watch out. Other than that, awesome to deal with!!!! A+++++++++++++
Made a purchase with @zac1 it arrived fast and in excellent condition
I have made two separate purchase from @zac1. Both went smoothly.
Recently got more stuff from @zac1. As with everything else, it arrived in perfect shape. Clean, packed well, shipped FAST, and at a good price. What more could you ask?

I'm not a big spender, heck he probably didn't even make much from me. But, he took the time to work through the details and check in with me to ensure everything arrived in good shape and was working. Totally recommended!
Zac messaged me about trading for my house and the kitchen sink. I thought I was a fraud target. Turns out, he's OK. Ultimately, he decided he had enough houses, but I did buy a couple Morex cases off of him. Like I told him, the deal-making conversation was probably the most entertaining I've ever had on a forum. Instant customer for life.
I bought a 5018A-FTN4 from zac1 while I was out of town. I read all the testimonials and knew he liked his fast shipping so I waited until the day before I got home to order it and he STILL shipped it so fast that the server beat me home. He also checked in with me to make sure everything was good with the purchase and was very responsive. You’re not going to get this kind of service buying new from Supermicro. In short, A+++ would shop again.
I'm now a happy new owner of a E300 thanks to this guy! @zac1 and I had some real adventures with international wire transfers and shipping with this one, but despite all that he still got it up here faster than most of the stuff I get from the US. (I'm looking at you, 3 week USB Serial Cable. Where are you????)
Super responsive, put real time and effort into making sure everything was in as good nick as possible! Packaged super well. If the postie had rocked up bouncing the package around like a basket ball, I'm pretty sure the system would still have been fine in there!
Been a great "shopping" experience. If you've been stung in FS threads before, buy from Zac to restore your faith in peer to peer sales!

Now, ya'll get buying the rest of his stuff before I invent some uses for them and spend more moolah!
@zac1 decided I didn't have enough of his stuff yet, and sent me some 40x40x28 fans for a computer I'd bought from him, gratis!

The dude's crazy, and he ships crazy fast. Better take advantage of him before he comes to his senses.
Had an excellent experience ordering from @zac1 last week. He answered all my questions promptly prior to purchasing a server. It was shipped that same day and received by Noon the next day.

I may have to cancel my Amazon Prime and sign up @zac1 Prime that is if I can convince my wife I need more servers.
Hi everyone. I also received a package from @zac1 today (SYS-5018D-FN4T with bonus SSD). The server was extremely well packaged, and it arrived in perfect condition after its 8 state + 2 province journey! This purchase could not have gone better. @zac1, thanks for making this happen!
I received my shipment today, too. @zac1 is the real deal and ships very, very quickly. Working with him on another purchase, now.

Equipment arrived in mint condition, exactly as advertised, with great packaging and tested perfectly.

Thank you so much! :D
Just got my shipment today, @zac1 had it shipped and out the door extremely quickly. Thank you sir!

/edit Everything is running, up, and happy! Works like a charm. If only I had more $$$ and space for more nodes!
@zac1 is my absolute hero! Got my drives in only 21 hours!!!! Packing was exceptional and everything tests out nicely.

It was such an easy and pleasant buying experience, I wish I could buy a lot more :D.
But, sadly, I'm kinda broke right now :confused:.
If, on the other hand, you aren't broke like me....I highly recommend! :D
I just purchased a small Supermicro E100-9APP and a Little Dell Optiplex for my garage and a little video restreamer for home. Pricing was 100% the best i've seen in regards to what they go for. Shipping.. he decided on overnight which is CRAZY fast and was even dropped off today and says it'll arrive to me in the morning. I would highly recommend purchasing anything @zac1 offers because.. you can't go wrong and well... who can say no to fast shipping ;)
@zac1, thanks again for another speedy transaction!
I received my shipment from @zac1 yesterday. Wow, THAT WAS QUICK! Thank you so much! Everything is working great!
Received 2 cases (CSE-505-203B) from Zac1, excellent packing. Thank You!
Got ssds VERY fast o_O
This is my 2nd flawless transaction with @zac1
I bought Supermicro M11SDV-8CT-LN4F Epyc 3201 w/ 128GB ECC RAM
Packaging was on point.
Shipping was immediate!!
Very nice @zac1 Well done!
Just a FYI for others lurking on this thread, FedEx just dropped off a Supermicro 5018D-FN4T from @zac1 this morning and everything arrived well packaged and as described. One of the better purchasing experiences I've had online.
I bought from zac1 4 sticks of 2666 memory. He made sure to validate the RAM before shipping and sent me screenshots of memtest's.
He packaged the ram extremely safely in a box bigger than It should have been, and I he covered the package shipping cost with FedEx Priority Overnight.

If he is selling something you want, buy it through him.

10/10 Experience and communication.
5019A-FTN4 and a few other items.
Quick Delivery and everything appears to be working ok!

Running a burn-in test now.
Got my package from Zac today, very very fast shipping and great communication throughout. Highly recommended!
@zac1
a finder of useful bits and bobs, thanks for the awesome communication, packing and shipping for the things I needed!
Everything arrived safe and sound. Well packed and exactly as described. Thanks again Zach!
Killer price on shipping that Cisco switch and it arrived in pristine condition and is doing great in its new home. :)
Purchased a Supermicro A1SAi-2750F + 16GB (4x4) EP3L-12800E ECC SODIMMs & standard I/O shield and 4x32Gb of DDR4 2400 RDIMM. Both are working great, arrived fast, and were well packaged!
My purchase of 4 Crucial 16 GB 2666MHz RDIMMs went smoothly. Excellent communication, fast shipping, and the RDIMMs are hard at work in my NAS as I write. What else you got, @zac1? :D
Well, I couldn't stay away, after my first purchase I came back and got a box full of Supermicro drive trays from @zac1, always a good thing to have extras of on hand. Another good deal and smooth transaction, thanks!
Purchased one of the supermicro superservers. Very well packaged and fast shipping.
Purchased and received 6x Samsung 32GB DDR4 2400mhz DIMMS from @zac1. Great price, fast shipping, worked perfect out of the box.
Purchased (4) 32GB modules and (2) 963 drives from @zac1. Excellent communication, provided SMART data quickly, and speedy shipping. Purchased on Friday, received on Tuesday; only delayed 1 day because of the New Year's holiday. Best transaction ever. Thank you!
Adding my experience with the seller: the poster above beat me to the two listed X10SDV-8C-TLN4F boards. The seller kindly stripped one of their enclosures for the same board, and sold it to me at the listed board price. They swapped out the cooler for me and included a brand new standard I/O shield, and provided screenshots of three memtest passes before shipping. Communication and shipping to Canada were very quick. Packaging was as good as can be expected for a bare board. Everything arrived intact, very clean and in working order. Thanks so much!
I bought the two X10SDV-8C boards, purchase was a great experience. Seller tested the boards before shipping, packed them properly, and sent very quickly. Never had a better transaction, thank you!
Bump for a great seller. Quick turn around time for shipping, excellent communication, and overall good experience.
Huge thanks to @zac1, just got 4 delivered!! Works as expected; version 5.4.3, the latest firmware. What an incredibly seamless transaction it was! Very fast and extremely professional, I’m absolutely happy with everything! Packed and sent within a day. And thanks @Randomer Naught for providing a shipping label!

Last edited:

oneplane

Jul 23, 2021
Did you scalp those from the Cloudflare deal? You know, the one where you can get 10 keys for 10 each, which was a deal that got slashed to 4 keys max for 10 each because suddenly a lot of keys ended up on eBay?

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I've been a Cloudflare DNS/firewall customer for about a decade and work with a small business of ~50 employees who has been evaluating solutions a la Cloudflare Access. I jumped the gun when I got the promotional email, and these won't be used. Extrapolate as you will.
If this is the truth, then I can see this happening. But if you're a scalper that makes a buck off of deals so that others can't have a good deal...where I'm sure a good number of us will be sending wishes for a special part of a hot place for you to burn in...

anything1233

Just a Member
Dec 29, 2020
Huge thanks to @zac1, just got 4 delivered!! Works as expected; version 5.4.3, the latest firmware. What an incredibly seamless transaction it was! Very fast and extremely professional, I’m absolutely happy with everything! Packed and sent within a day. And thanks @Randomer Naught for providing a shipping label!

Last edited:

zac1

Oct 1, 2022
Interesting. Are my 960GB SM863's affected?
Presumably, but the performance degradation may not be a problem if the drives aren't being hammered with a heavy workload. I kept the 960GB drives because they didn't have near as many TBWs as the 1.92TB ones.

The STH'er who clued me in originally also added:
Also something to note is the drives i have at home have had an easy life and work just fine.
I understand now why @Stephan prefers SSDs from vendors who make firmware updates available, e.g. Micron. If you have Dell SM863s, it doesn't seem to be a big issue since the firmware update should mitigate the degraded performance.

Last edited:

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Sold a few odds and ends, some systems/boards/chassis pending. Surely somebody can use this 48-port PoE switch for some cameras? If not, I plan to take it to a recycler on the 30th and list most of the rest on eBay next weekend.

Merry Christmas Eve!
If no one is taking it by then, let me know and I'll send you a prepaid UPS label for it. I'll use it to replace a cheap tplink poe switch at a site where my power isn't metered. :D

Reactions: zac1

Peanuthead

Jun 12, 2015
Good price on the Supermicro 5018D-FN4T. Last time I had one though the noise pitch from the fan (even idling) definitely wasn't quiet.

Reactions: Samir