FS [UK]: Gigabyte MZ72-HBO + AMD EPYC 7402 - £4000 ono

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Medicineman25

Nov 29, 2021
Hi all,

I recently purchased a tower (Nov 2021) with the following specs:

- Gigabyte MZ72-HBO mobo
- AMD EPYC 7402
- 64GB RAM
- FSP 1+1 redundant ATX
- generic tower case

I've since realised a great deal about technology that I wish I hadn't and as such, after more than ten years of tinkering, have moved away from Linux/Windows altogether and now exclusively use apple products. With that in mind I am selling all of my tech toys, this server is the centrepiece as it were.

It is practically brand new and hasn't at all been utilised anywhere near its full capacity. After attempting in vain to get a decent VD setup working I simply reverted back to a native desktop install. The original purchase price was £4400 but I will of course happily part with the machine at a lower price.

The machine is located in the UK and I'm not entirely sure about overseas shipping but I can investigate if the price is right.

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
Welcome to the forums...

Couple of housekeeping notes...Looks like you should tag the title with "[EU]" (guessing based on the currency), as well as put an asking price for your system.

I've since realised a great deal about technology that I wish I hadn't and as such, after more than ten years of tinkering, have moved away from Linux/Windows altogether and now exclusively use apple products. With that in mind I am selling all of my tech toys, this server is the centrepiece as it were.
Sounds like there's an interesting story in there somewhere! I'm certainly watching the Apple silicon space closely but for me, at the very least Linux still firmly has a place in my life (use it professionally at work, and there's still no substitute in the home NAS space IMO). I did find the Mac Studio VERY tempting, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.