FS: U-NAS NSC-800 NAS chassis + Seasonic SS-300M1U PSU (used)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

matt_garman

Feb 7, 2011

Update: SOLD!

U-NAS NSC-800 DIY NAS Server Chassis, the same one featured in my build log from a couple years ago. I've since migrated this system to a different chassis (see this thread if interested), and no longer have a need for the U-NAS.

• Room for eight (8) hotswap 3.5" hard drives
  • Includes *two* 2.5" mounting brackets for up to two internal 2.5" drives (e.g. SSD)
  • Includes PCIe extension cable

*** Also includes Seasonic SS-300M1U power supply ***

See: U-NAS NSC-800 Server Chassis

I am the original owner. I purchased it new two years ago. It was gently used in a non-smoking home office environment. The original plastic coating is still on the exterior of the case. The included two 120mm fans are effectively brand new, as I used other fans in this chassis. I believe it to be in "like new" condition, but am conservatively rating it "excellent".

Case includes two mini-SAS to 4x SATA cables.

I'd prefer local pick-up if you're in the Chicago (Illinois, USA) area. But I'm willing to ship at an added cost.

Asking: $225 (add $20 for shipping to continental USA).

See pictures on the Craigslist listing.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: CreoleLakerFan

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
PM sent. I have wanted to pick up one of these for a STH article.

CreoleLakerFan

Oct 29, 2013
Heh ... I have one of these I am going to be selling shortly as well. Migrating everything into an AIO in a Fractal Define XL. Good luck with your listing, Matt!

Patrick, do you want two? :D

matt_garman

Feb 7, 2011
@matt_garman thanks for packing it so well.
Where I used to live a few places back, UPS was always leaving door tags, and I'd have to go to the local facility to pick-up. There was a little room where you showed up with your door tag, then you waited for one of the guys to bring the package from another area into the pick-up room. Keep in mind, this was a customer facing room, and these guys would literally walk in and toss packages on the floor. If they handle packages like that when people are watching, how do they handle them when we're not watching? Oh yeah, plenty of YouTube evidence to answer that question.

I've never personally had a package damaged in shipment, but we've had issues at work. And they will go to the ends of the earth to get out of any kind of liability or admission of guilt.

So now I'm just cynical and assume the package will be mistreated from drop off until delivery. So you end up with things wrapped in three or four inches of bubble wrap. :)

Glad it arrived safely, feel free to let me know if you have any questions about it.

Thanks again!
Matt