FS switch Review

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

CrashElite

Feb 22, 2021
I have looked around for a full review of the FS switches and haven't been able to find any. I was wondering if it was possible to see one on STH soon since their pricing is SUPER low and the features seem in line with Enterprise/Datacenter switches.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
@CrashElite - I will look into it. We have had some challenges with a certain company doing an astroturfing campaign on STH in the past. I think they have come around though.

@Serverking feedback taken.

I am going to do another thread on the rest of the quarter's content planning.

sovking

Jun 2, 2011
Purchased optical and dac cables, transceivers and one switch S3900 48 port until now: nothing to complain until now. The documentation of s3900 switch in some part is not so well written, but not major bug found.
At work we are going to test in deep their 10G base-T transceiver.
They have a good sales representatives. No experience with after-sales and support.

CrashElite

Feb 22, 2021
My first thought when I saw this request, coming as the first post of a new member, was "oh oh, here we go again ...".
haha ya i can see that i just was looking for a new switch to eliminate a bottleneck at my office and price/performance wise it looked good but everywhere i looked there were no reviews or documentation. only people saying they use them and they work ok and only complaint is documentation. then there is the reddit astroturf saga what i guess happened here too. the lack of documentation isn't a big problem for me its the lack of reviews. for a sub 500$ switch that does 10gb uplink it kinda made me wonder why... i guess after asking it makes more sense if they scorched the earth with communities that do the reviews no one would want to touch them.

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
for a sub 500$ switch that does 10gb uplink it kinda made me wonder why
When they started to sell switches I looked up some of the specifications and most of the cheap switches used eol or near eol asics, basically the same stuff that you can find in cheap arista, brocade etc switches on ebay (but with arista/brocade/etc you get better known firmware/support etc. and licenses :p)