FS: Supermicro v4 servers and other (startup sells its hardware)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

heathen

May 30, 2015
Hello!

One of my clients sells hardware he bought for his startup a year ago. If anyone will be interested in this I give this guy contacts. This hardware were intended to be an OpenNebula cloud with ceph storage backend and I've made the setup (full stack: networking, OpenStack, ceph etc), so I am sure it is in a working condition. There were no clients and no VMs except of the test ones. Recently owner had re-evaluated the project and decided to switch to the rented cloud instead of support its own one - this is the reason he is selling this HW.

He has the following:

1. 3 pcs of Supermicro-based servers in the following config:

Supermicro SDR-6028R-WTR platform
2x CPU Intel Xeon E5-2630v4
4x 16GB DDR4 ECC Reg memory
1x SM LSI 3008L-L8e SAS3 controller 8 ports internal
3x 2.5 drive in 3.5" Hot-swap Drive tray adapter
2x SSD Samsung SM863a 120GB
1x SSD Samsung SM863a 1.9TB
2x HDD HGST 7K6000 4TB SATA
1x Supermicro 2 ports SFP+ Intel 82599ES AOC-STGN-i2S 10GB LAN controller
1x LSI LSI00410 Internal Cable 0.6m SFF8643 to 4x SATA prots
2. Mikrotik RB1100AHx2 13 x Gigabit Router 2 CPU 1066MHz 2GB RAM 1U OSL6
3. HP Procurve J9265A 6600-24XG 24 SFP 10-GbE ports Switch w/ Dual Power Supplies (bought used)
4. 6x HP SFP+ Direct Attach J9281B cables
5. Tripplite 1U PDU (#PDUMH20)

He wants $12 000 for all. Don't know if its much or not. If anyone interested please let me know, I'll just send you his contacts and you discuss everything directly.

Last edited:

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I actually was googling some parts in the list to get more info and the thread was among the top :)
Probably coincidence / google personalized searches since I also do visit WHT and the part #/model# I searched matched up... my guess at-least.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Probably coincidence / google personalized searches since I also do visit WHT and the part #/model# I searched matched up... my guess at-least.
I'm pretty sure he has the model number wrong as all Supermicro systems I've seen start with SYS not SDR and his posts are pretty much the only thing out there with that. All the same good catch!

@heathen why not get your friend to post this directly so he can answer questions? It's a bit grey in the rules if selling on behalf of a third party is allowed, but I think he'd get far more interest if there wasn't an intermediary.

Reactions: T_Minus

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I'm pretty sure he has the model number wrong as all Supermicro systems I've seen start with SYS not SDR and his posts are pretty much the only thing out there with that. All the same good catch!

@heathen why not get your friend to post this directly so he can answer questions? It's a bit grey in the rules if selling on behalf of a third party is allowed, but I think he'd get far more interest if there wasn't an intermediary.
Ah! That makes sense re: part # showing up like it did then :)

Yeah, I wasn't too sure about the 3rd-party thing but figure @Patrick would see this thread :) and comment or close it.

Reactions: Monoman

heathen

May 30, 2015
Sorry, guys, I've got cold and wasn't able to be online for a while.

Why are you asking $1000 more for STH users?
But it's listed for $12,000 and that thread is a month old too.
Sorry, it was my typo: pressed 3 instead of 2 while quick-typing message. Of course the correct price is $12000. But as I said I will let contacts of the owner and all negotiation will be with him. He just asked me to help him with this hardware and since I know it is in the normal state (or at least it was when last time I did reconfiguration) I decided to let you know about this offer.

heathen

May 30, 2015

Sure, I'll ask him to join this forum.

P.S. So I've wrote him, hopefully he will come here and answer all the questions personally.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aestr