FS: Supermicro SYS-5018D-FN4T x 3 (Xeon D-1541)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

msvirtualguy

Jan 23, 2013
msvirtualguy.com
Hi all, I have the following for sale below. Maintained in a RACK in a clean, cool environment in my office. I am moving to build a single box again, unsure on the platform at this time. The new Project will be a mobile demo environment which i'll post in the build sub-forums at a later date when I figure out what direction i'm gonna go, possibly a SFF Xeon Silver build. For now, i'm looking to fund that project so these have to go. New Prices on these are: $1,140/node.

SOLD to reidbk

SKU: 10024468
Supermicro SYS-5018D-FN4T 5018D-FN4T Barebone 1U Intel Xeon D-1541 8-Core System-on-Chip

Last edited:
Reactions: nitrobass24

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Damn, if I hadn't just bought 3 of the Asrock Rack boards from the deals thread I'd have hit you up for all three. Good luck with the sale. Maybe I'll catch you on your next rebuild in 6 months :p

Reactions: msvirtualguy

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Upgrade/rebuild bug strikes again...and i do mean again LOLS

Just messing w/ ya :-D but I do see a pattern here, some of us are not lucky/have deep enough pockets to do this every 6 months to a year hehe (points at me)

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Upgrade/rebuild bug strikes again...and i do mean again LOLS

Just messing w/ ya :-D but I do see a pattern here, some of us are not lucky/have deep enough pockets to do this every 6 months to a year hehe (points at me)
And some of us can't even do it once! :eek::oops:

msvirtualguy

Jan 23, 2013
msvirtualguy.com
Guys, when you look at it, it's not that far from the initial investment, i'll be reusing the RAM/Storage for the Single Box AND I still get to put the extra $$ towards bills so, it's a win. I figure I got my $ worth. It's not like I buy new every 6 months. Also, most of my PC gear I buy, is used as well. I rarely buy new unless I can't find it.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
That's the way to do it!

I'll usually buy dirt cheap old stuff and then buy the dirt cheap old upgrades to max it out, lol.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
How do these stack up against your typical dual LGA 2011 setups for some kind of cluster like vSAN, S2D, or Nutanix CE? I would want to be able to run a few vms on them like a basic sharepoint farm, an LMS, ADFS and SQL servers.