FS: Supermicro CSE-826B server w/ V3 Xeon, APC rackmount UPS

Discussion in 'For Sale/ For Trade/ Want to Buy' started by repoman, Oct 6, 2018.

1. repoman

repoman New Member

Hey all,

I'm thinking about simplifying my home network/server setup to just a router/switch/access point. I use this machine to host ZFS shares and run pfsense, but I really only have one computer that accesses the shares so am not making full use of it.

The machine:

Supermicro CSE-826B 12-bay rackmount chassis with rails included and newer SAS3 backplane (sas3-826el1)
    Supermicro X10SRi-F motherboard
    Xeon V3 E5-1620 3.5GHz quad
    4 x 4GB ECC RAM
    IBM M1015 SAS/SATA controller (flashed to IT mode for ZFS)
    2 x 128GB 2.5" redundant SSDs in chassis rear (Micron M600)
    2 x 920W PWS-920P-SQ redundant 80+ Platinum PSUs
    Extra quad-gigabit Intel NIC installed

$800 including shipping. Rock solidly reliable, haven't shut this down or restarted since I finished initial setup 7+ months ago. Chassis is in excellent shape.

Also have an APC SMT1500RM2U UPS in excellent shape with 5 month old batteries. Kept this machine and all network stuff up through multiple power outages over the past 7+ months, works great. Face plate included.
    $270 including shipping

Tripp-Lite "SR12UBEXPNDKD" 12U server-depth open frame rack -- $110 shipped, excellent condition.

I just registered here, so posting my 100% positive eBay feedback: eBay Feedback Profile for repoman89

Located near Boston MA. Local pickup encouraged if I get lucky enough to find someone local and avoid shipping some of this stuff! Paypal accepted, will ship via UPS after careful packaging.

Thanks.

EDIT: adding pics of the server here (can see the rack too. Ignore the Edgerouter that I have yet to wallmount): Supermicro CSE-826B

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  2. Aestr

Aestr Active Member

Welcome to the forums. Great deal on the server. Someone should scoop that up pretty quick. Also kudos for hitting the requirements for a sale post :)

3. repoman

repoman New Member

Thanks! I wasn't sure how to price it ... this is a good bit less than I paid, but don't want to sit on it for months. Hopefully someone here can make good use of it :)

Also ... APC UPS is sold.

4. Jollywombat

Jollywombat New Member

PM Sent with a few questions - Thank you

5. repoman

repoman New Member

Responded.

I took a few pics the other night: Imgur

Figured I'd offer my local pickup price here, $600 cash for the server and $60 for the rack.

6. repoman

repoman New Member

Added more pics of the server to first post and some more hardware details.