FS: SuperMicro A1SRI-2558F Mini-ITX w/ Case

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Cybertron

Oct 4, 2016
Atlanta, GA
LISTED ON EBAY.

Photos: Supermicro mini server

Up for sale is a little server i put together for the purposes of running a PFSense router. After playing with PFSense, it just wasn't to my liking, and I moved back to Mikrotik. I have no real use for this server and so I'm looking to sell it. From prices I see on ebay, and the cost of putting it together, I'd like to get $500.00 shipped to lower 48 states. If my price is way off base, send me an offer.

Included:
Superchassis CSE-505-203B 200W 1U Rackmount Server Chassis
SuperMicro A1SRI-2558F Mini-ITX Motherboard
SK Hynix 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1600 2RX8 ECC SODIMM Memory
3x SUPERMICRO MCP-320-81302-0B Fan Holder for One 40X28MM fan Single
2x Intel CoFan 40mm x 28mm Cooling Fan 4 Pin Wire Connector PWM 40x40x28mm 12V

Heat: Trader Reviews for Cybertron2600 | HeatWare.com

It's been a long time since I've sold anything, so if you have better feedback than me, I'm happy to work something out, ship first or something. But I'm no fool either. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

levifig

Nov 27, 2017
levifig.com
Not really in the market for this but, FWIW, I did the same thing: went to pf/opnSense and then back to MikroTik. I actually ended up going with MikroTik CHR. You could totally run that on this rig, on a VM, and even run other network-related VMs alongside it (MikroTik is so darn lightweight).

Anyway, GLWS! o/

Cybertron

Oct 4, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Yeah, i actually tried that but still felt like the amount of power was overkill. I love the light weight, light power use of the mikrotik devices. But yeah with 16gb of ram, you can run a number of networking options in vmware and even add more ports via PCI.

cyprus

Aug 4, 2015
I have this same setup and it can easily handle 1/1gbps along with vpn and packages for days.
around 20w with normal usage!
Id buy it if I had a need for a second one

Reactions: Samir and Cybertron

Cybertron

Oct 4, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Cyprus. That is exactly correct. I was able to push 1Gbps with extreme ease on this. In fact, I could run it in VMware on this machine with other network solutions as well. The more I read, the more I might keep it myself lol, but I do need the cash for another project.

Cybertron

Oct 4, 2016
Atlanta, GA
bump... sending this to ebay in a week i think. I'm open to offers and some trades. Mostly interested in systems or ram or SSDs.