FS: Supermicro 6028R-WTRT with SAS3 HBA & SuperCap

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Google Wallet or USPS money order preferred. PayPal fees have been adding up. I think my reputation should help: Heatware

Like the title states, I have a Supermicro 6028R-WTRT for sale. You may read up on it here: Supermicro | Products | SuperServers | 2U | 6028R-WTRT

It also includes the optional Supermicro 12GB SAS RAID HBA: Super Micro Computer, Inc. - Products | Accessories | Add-on Cards | AOM-S3108M-H8

And to top it off, the supercap for said HBA: BTR-TFM8G-LSICVM02

Now for the fine print. As part of a shipping mishap, the front handles got sheared off by the rails. There is no other damage to the server. The rails are a little stiff too, but do work. The front handles are still included. You will receive the server in an original Supermicro box, so there will be no further damage possible fortunately.

Here is a picture of one of these servers. Please note that I had two and this was the second that didn't sustain any damage. It has since been sold to another STH member (see my Heatware profile): Yours will be identical except you're not getting any RAM: http://drunkencat.net/misc/forsale/P1220680.JPG

Here is a picture of the exact server you're getting, showing what happened to said front handles: http://drunkencat.net/misc/forsale/DSC_0403.JPG

Sold - $750 and you can consider it your own.

Last edited:

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Still available! Don't be shy to make an offer or figure out a trade.

Sable

Active Horse
Oct 19, 2016
What do you want for the cpu's incase someone wants without I might consider those. I am located in eu.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Price dropped as CPUs have been parted out.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Still available. Don't be afraid to offer something as a trade either.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
No interest still? First one sold very quickly.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
How loud is the server?
It's reasonably quiet since the fans drop RPM considerably past POST. Kinda relative, but my girlfriend let me keep it on overnight in the bedroom. It's a lot better than my other 2/4U servers (which are all older). Unfortunately I don't own a sound level meter to give exact measurements.

briandm81

Aug 31, 2014
There's an app for that! I've used my phone a few times to get a relative idea...not sure how accurate it actually is.

Peanuthead

Jun 12, 2015
I know of someone who could use it but they said nope if it's not "whisper" quiet. I just bit my tongue. :)

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
So it's just the server , Mobo and the psu's for $800 ?
You also get the 12gbit SAS add-on card for the board (doesn't occupy a PCIe slot) and the Supercap for said HBA. Those alone go for nearly $700 new.

You will need to add CPUs, RAM, and drives however. I have some drives that I could include if desired, but don't have spare CPUs or memory unfortunately.

HorizonXP

May 23, 2016
I may be interested. Can you PM another picture of the front handles? How stiff are the rails? I might want to deploy this in a remote colo, so I won't be the one installing it in the rack. Trying to see how much of a problem it would be.