FS: Supermicro 2U TwinPro2 quad node 2011-3 2028TP-HC0TR barebone

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Google Wallet/Zelle/etc preferred as PayPal fees add up. Will also entertain trades since I like new toys and rotate through hardware regularly, though currently not in need of a whole lot. I think my reputation should help: Heatware

I will consider international sales for this, but keep in mind that you will probably pay a heft amount in duty. Shipping to Canada isn't that bad and western Europe looks to be under $250. Local pickup is also an option for those around Phoenix.

Supermicro 2028TP-HC0TR. You get 4 dual 2011-3 hot-swappable nodes in all of 2U. Integrated LSI 3008 SAS3 HBA on each node and dual 10GbE. There's also an integrated mSATA slot and I have some Supermicro branded 64GB SSDs available for it (great for a boot drive). Has redundant 80+ titanium PSUs, PCIe x16 expansion, and more. Fill it up with SAS3 SSDs and go to town with virtualization! Rails are included.

$799 each shipped - All Sold - have enough RAM on hand to populate each chassis with 2TB (or less if desired).

Last edited:

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
When idle, surprisingly not bad, but noise is quite subjective. It's by no means silent though. Similar to a stock 846 chassis I'd say? Under full load, it certainly ramps up, but at least they're not 40mm chassis fans, so the pitch is more tolerable. My spouse put up with it, but I can't make any promises for anyone else. ;)

Reactions: gb00s and Samir

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Figured time to bump this. Lot of cheap Xeon E5 v4 CPUs out there to fill this up.

Reactions: Samir

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Still available and open to offers. Also have one with a small chassis ding (doesn't impact functionality), which would come at a discount.

macrules34

Mar 18, 2016
Assuming that this doesn’t come with CPU or memory? Got a pic of the rear of the server blade with the ports? Does Come with the heat sinks?

Last edited:

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Assuming that this doesn’t come with CPU or memory? Got a pic of the rear of the server blade with the ports? Does Come with the heat sinks?
That's correct, no CPU or RAM, though those are cheap and plentiful on eBay (or even here). All heatsinks are included (as seen in the photo). Below is a photo of the rear as requested. Anything else you'd like to know?

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
I take it that these would work with the VMware ESXi OS?
Yes, they're on VMware's HCL. That's actually how these were set up since you can use the integrated 64GB mSATA SSD for boot so you don't need to sacrifice any of the 2.5" bays for that.

macrules34

Mar 18, 2016
The trays included with the system, do you just screw the drive in and insert into the system? You said that you have another system, would you sell both?

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
The trays included with the system, do you just screw the drive in and insert into the system? You said that you have another system, would you sell both?
PM sent so that my thread doesn't keep getting bumped. :)

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Do you have any power consumption data?
If you PM me, can get some numbers with various CPU/memory configurations (though limited to what I have on hand). 80+ Titanium power supplies help, so it's comparable to other 2011-3 systems.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Price has been updated to include domestic shipping and rails. Also looked up shipping to Canada and Europe. Lower than I expected.