FS: Supermicro 2U 216 Dual 2011 Server with 100TB (24 x 2.5" 4TB)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
USPS money orders or Google Wallet preferred as PayPal fees add up. Will also entertain trades since I like new toys and rotate through hardware regularly. I think my reputation should help: Heatware

This was one of my personal file servers for the past couple years, but I have outgrown it. Included is the following:

- Supermicro SC216 with the SAS2 expander backplane.
- Supermicro X9DRi-F with 2 x E5-2620s and 32GB RAM
- 25 x Seagate ST4000LM016 2.5" 4TB drives (chassis holds 24, plus a spare)

You'll just need to add an HBA of some sort for the drives and you'll be set. I am looking to get $1699 Sold! for the lot. I would be also interested in selling the components individually if desired.

Last edited:

Monoman

Oct 16, 2013
Can you please provide the SMART data for one of the drive in the current array? Would be nice to see the hours online ect.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Does google wallet offer seller/buyer protection?
Not really, which is why I don't require it. PayPal is still an option. I feel that my spotless feedback will help put people at ease, but it's understandable to be hesitant for a large purchase, especially if you haven't traded with me previously.
Can you please provide the SMART data for one of the drive in the current array? Would be nice to see the hours online ect.
Sure, I will have that up tomorrow evening. I would estimate about 2 years of continuous power on time since that's how long I had them in the datacenter for my offsite backups.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Does google wallet offer seller/buyer protection?
I have bought from @BlueFox multiple times and have paid PayPal F&F which also has no seller protection because I trust him and have never had a problem other than that he keeps posting things that I end up buying :). As always don't do anything you're not comfortable with as the risk is on you.

Reactions: ullbeking

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Ah, I didn't intend to draw such thoughts towards that re: the OP. He is right though, PP fees do add up and I was interested to know if Google Wallet was a legit alternative that offered incentives for people to use it over something like PayPal. It sounds like Paypal F&F so at that point it is basically just whatever platform is most comfortable with buyers.

GLWS.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
As requested, I pulled 3 random disks. Here is the SMART data for them:

Reactions: Monoman

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
I've seen a bunch of interest in the 5TB version of my drives. Surely someone wants the 4TB ones at a much better price per gigabyte.

ullbeking

Jul 28, 2017
London
I have bought from @BlueFox multiple times and have paid PayPal F&F which also has no seller protection because I trust him and have never had a problem other than that he keeps posting things that I end up buying :). As always don't do anything you're not comfortable with as the risk is on you.
I regularly engage in transaction with @BlueFox with no need for extra cover buyer/seller protection. Completely legit.

Reactions: ru me

abq

May 23, 2015
Looks like a great deal. Is this a CSE-216BE2C-R741JBOD chassis? ...looking for dual expander and low platinum power supplies.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Looks like a great deal. Is this a CSE-216BE2C-R741JBOD chassis? ...looking for dual expander and low platinum power supplies.
Unfortunately it isn't. I got the single expander backplane since I was using SATA drives.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Are these the 740 watt platinum power supplies?
No, only the SAS3 JBOD chassis come with the 740W ones. The non-JBOD chassis that are intended to take a motherboard come with higher wattage ones. If you plan on swapping them out, I could sell it without PSUs. I'm sure there's something we can work out, but we should go to PMs instead of bumping my thread over and over. :)

Angus

Mar 3, 2015
I believe you are located in the US?

How loud is this when its powered up... Data Center loud... or if you hide it in basement corner can still live with it loud?

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
I believe you are located in the US?

How loud is this when its powered up... Data Center loud... or if you hide it in basement corner can still live with it loud?
Yep, I'm in Phoenix. More than welcome to stop by to have a look if you like warm weather as much as I do. ;)

It's not as loud as you might imagine (it's no 1U after all). The fans throttle reasonably well and since the drives only use a couple watts each, not much heat is put off. You'd be fine with it in a basement.