FS: Supermicro 2011-3 2U 2028TP-HC1R quad node barebone - $999

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
USPS money orders or Google Wallet preferred as PayPal fees add up. Will also entertain trades since I like new toys and rotate through hardware regularly. I think my reputation should help: Heatware

$999 - Sold - Supermicro 2028TP-HC1R. You get 4 dual 2011-3 hot-swappable nodes in all of 2U. Integrated LSI 3108 SAS3 HBA on each node, plus the CacheVault & SuperCap module for each one ($250 each alone new). Has redundant 80+ titanium PSUs, PCIe 3.0 x16 expansion, and more. Fill it up with SAS3 SSDs and go to town with virtualization! Would be ~$5500 new.

This is the second one of these that I'm trying to sell. It has some damage to the rackmount ears, hence the price. It is otherwise fully functional. Replacement parts are fortunately available on eBay. Here are a couple examples, though you might be able to find better deals.

Front rackmount ears: MCP-290-21702-0V MCP-290-82701-0V SUPERMICRO EARS 2029TP-HTR CSE-217 W/ SCREWS | eBay
Or just replace the entire chassis instead: 2029TP-HTR SUPERMICRO CSE-217 EMPTY SERVER CHASSIS ONLY WITH TOP COVER | eBay

Gallery of photos can be seen here. Please note that I only removed the power supplies to make it lighter while I was moving it around and they will be included.

Last edited:

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
That should go quick at that price!

Wish I had the need for that now!!!

jfoor

Feb 4, 2017
I see the damage to the rack ears but it also looks like the rear nodes are bent, specifically the top two? Did you purchase it in this state or what happened? I really like these 4 in 2U styles nodes. I don't know why, I'm not lacking rack space. They just seem like feats of engineering to me.

Reactions: pgh5278

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
I see the damage to the rack ears but it also looks like the rear nodes are bent, specifically the top two? Did you purchase it in this state or what happened? I really like these 4 in 2U styles nodes. I don't know why, I'm not lacking rack space. They just seem like feats of engineering to me.
The photos make the back look worse than it really is. Minimal impact there. There are no issues with the expansion bracket or getting the nodes in and out. It was dropped (doesn't take much height apparently). Quite the costly mistake unfortunately.
@BlueFox Is this still available?
Yes it is.