FS: Supermicro 1U Xeon D-1521 1U Bundle

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

sfair

Jan 4, 2018
I’m selling my 1U Supermicro Server. I purchased it with the intent of putting together a EXSI 6.7 server and using it to run several VM including a firewall. I came across the STH Great Deals listing in May 2018 for the motherboard that started the build.

I have since decided to bare metal my firewall on lower end components. I’m not using the server and after initial testing I have since keep it turned off.

The Motherboard was listed as new other and came clean and looked brand new from Ebay. The RAM was used from Ebay. All other components were purchased new from assorted online retailers.

The case contains the 200 Watt Power supply, appropriate 1U IO shield, 3 of the recommended fans and fan brackets, and a bracket to mount a 2.5” drive.

I removed the 2.5” SSD and 3.5” HDD that were part of the system. The drive mounts and screws will be included.

Asking $800 + shipping(Can check price for shipping either UPS Ground or Fedex Ground shipped from MI)

Accepting paypal.

The components are listed below.

SUPERMICRO MBD-X10SDV-4C-TLN2F-O Intel Xeon D-1521 Mini ITX Server Motherboard

2x Samsung 8GB PC4-2133P M393A1G43DB0-CPB DDR4 17000R ECC Registered 2133MHz RDIMM

1x Supermicro Superchassis Cse-504-203B 200W Mini 1U Rackmount Server Chassis (Black)

Supermicro MCP-260-00085-0B 1U I/O shield for A1SRM-LN7F/LN5F in SC510 chassis

2x StarTech 6" 4 Pin Molex to SATA Power Cable Adapter SATAPOWADAP

1x SUPERMICRO MCP-220-00044-0N 1x3.5" to 2x2.5" HD Converter Bracket For 5015A Series Barebone - OEM

3x Supermicro MCP-320-81302-0B Single fan holder for one 40x28mm fan

3x Supermicro FAN-0100L4

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I will get some pictures uploaded to google drive this weekend.

Thanks,
Shane

muhfugen

Dec 5, 2016

sfair

Jan 4, 2018
Muhfugen, thanks for the reply.

Ya the fans, brackets, IO shield and other stuff cost $93.42 in additional accessories to get a working case.

I'm asking slightly more than I have into the total build. It was a interesting project and I had planned to use it as a hyper visor but it turns out I really don't need a type 1 hyper visor.

All parts other than RAM were purchased new and assembled. For the most part it's been mothballed since it was built. I guess i'm trying to sell it in close to new condition to recoup my costs.

What should a reasonable price expectation for a used system like this be? If it is below what I have into it I will probably just re purpose it.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Muhfugen, thanks for the reply.

Ya the fans, brackets, IO shield and other stuff cost $93.42 in additional accessories to get a working case.

I'm asking slightly more than I have into the total build. It was a interesting project and I had planned to use it as a hyper visor but it turns out I really don't need a type 1 hyper visor.

All parts other than RAM were purchased new and assembled. For the most part it's been mothballed since it was built. I guess i'm trying to sell it in close to new condition to recoup my costs.

What should a reasonable price expectation for a used system like this be? If it is below what I have into it I will probably just re purpose it.
You're not going to be able to sell it for what you paid, or more, that I can guarantee :D

Check ebay for Part # of listed items, and "SOLD" and that will give you an idea so you can eliminate the crazy-deals, or mispriced, etc...

Reactions: modder man

muhfugen

Dec 5, 2016
Probably somewhere in the $500-$600 range if you're lucky enough to find someone who wants this specific MB/chassis combo, and i'm not an interested buyer so thats not an offer. Computers depreciate at rates similar to high mileage luxury vehicles. You arent going to get your money back, I can tell you that much. Most people here probably wont want a 1U chassis either because of how loud the fans are, and for one like that, the limited storage capacity. You can find SC826 chassis for $150 shipped with dual power supplies, fans and 12x drive bays. If you're really trying to get rid of it you might have an easier time selling the RAM/MB/chassis separately.

Last edited:

fake-name

Feb 28, 2017
I'm asking slightly more than I have into the total build.
Are you serious?

If everything was brand-new in box, you might be able to get your cost minus a few percent. Assembled and used by some random person on the internet immediately drops the price by AT LEAST 10%.