FS: Supermicro 1029U-TN10RT 1U 10 x NVMe Hot-Swap 3647 Barebones

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
USPS money orders or Google Wallet preferred as PayPal fees add up. Will also entertain trades since I like new toys and rotate through hardware regularly. I think my reputation should help: Heatware

Local pickup available in Phoenix. Will ship internationally. Expect freight to be ~$200 to Europe.

Supermicro unfortunately does not sell any NVMe capable systems as barebones, so you have to purchase them with CPUs, RAM, and disks, at retail prices.

The 1029U-TN10RT is a pretty beefy 1U dual 3647 system. You get 10 x hot-swap NVMe up front (4 of which can be used with SATA drives instead), internal M.2 slots (NVMe or SATA), GPU capability with an inexpensive power cable, 2 x 10GBe, and more. BIOS has been updated for Cascade Lake support.

$879 each - All gone - Can do a bit less if you forego trays or opt for the regular maroon ones

Last edited:

dbTH

Apr 9, 2017
@BlueFox, what were you using these servers for and are they still under Supermicro warranty? We have been using the exactly same barebone for the database server.

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
If this was a 2 or 2U server I would be interested :) But this one looks like it screams even higher than yomama.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
@BlueFox, what were you using these servers for and are they still under Supermicro warranty? We have been using the exactly same barebone for the database server.
Should be under warranty for at least a little while longer. I can provide serial numbers if you'd like to check with Supermicro for the exact date. I'd say fairly similar setup wise.
If this was a 2 or 2U server I would be interested :) But this one looks like it screams even higher than yomama.
You'd be surprised how much the fans throttle after POST when idle. Not much worse than my desktop. Under load or with a GPU it of course does get louder.

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020
Damn, those servers are gorgeous! However shipping from USA to Europe does make this much less attractive :(

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Damn, those servers are gorgeous! However shipping from USA to Europe does make this much less attractive :(
~$200, so could be worse. Not like domestic freight is that much cheaper as shipping a server from one side of the US to the other can get close to $100.