FS: Spring Cleaning - Server Gear

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Yarik Dot

Apr 13, 2015
Is it possible to add LSI RAID card? How can I connect the card's output with the backplane?

0101 0111

Nov 11, 2013
Northern California
Is it possible to add LSI RAID card? How can I connect the card's output with the backplane?
Is it possible? Presumably, but the fit would be very tight not to mention somewhat restrictive of air flow. A card like the M1015 with the ports facing upward would be required as the rear of a typical LSI length card just barely touches the CPU cooler. A long (30"+) fan-out cable would connect to the chassis backplane which uses regular sata connections. Normally the backplane uses three shielded single sata-sata cables to go to the sled, which has a total of six sata ports. The sled itself has a single PCI-e 2.0 x16 which you use a riser to connect to. Usually these 4-node systems use the X8DTT-F motherboard, which is what I have in mine.

msvirtualguy

Jan 23, 2013
msvirtualguy.com
What zip are you shipping from?

I have updated the post to reflect that memory is no longer included and have lowered the price a bit.

Also, serious buyers only. I have had others PM saying they want to buy, ask questions, I answer and not hear from them again.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
No offense, but if your answers were not in-line with the buyer then why would you hear from them again?

I'm not sure if you were talking about me or not... but hey ;) I know I asked questions, but didn't buy because I wasn't interested any longer.

Selling isn't a walk in the park, and takes time and is why many don't sell stuff at all, its a hassle, and no matter what you get questions, and people not buying. I sell a TON and you get 30%+ tire kickers.

CreoleLakerFan

Oct 29, 2013
Free bump.

This is a !much! better deal than the Super Micro I snagged from eBay a few weeks ago ...

Oh well. There is always a better deal if you keep looking. Good luck!

kroem

Aug 16, 2014
This thing would look great at my dad's place, but I'm too afraid to ask for shipping to Sweden :(