[FS] Sparc T4-1 Server, 32 GB, 10 Gbe XAUI card, Rails

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

NeoTron

May 11, 2019
WA
I'm selling my Oracle Sun Sparc T4-1 server with 8 cores/8 threads per core (64 threads total) in a Sparc T3-1 case (the outside is identical between them, so it's just a simple system board swap)

You can run Solaris 11.4, Debian Linux, and/or OpenBSD on it natively, and at least with Solaris or OpenBSD as the native OS, you can run VM's using the built-in hypervisor.

It has Oracle ILOM which is similar to IDRAC. I've upgraded it with a 10 Gbe XAUI card (works better on Sparc as the CPU has part of the processing aspect built in), and also got the sliding rails for it.

Images: (cross-used with Reddit u/homelabsales) https://imgur.com/a/lrLg9w7

Specs in detail.
  • 32 GB of memory (16x2GB)
  • 2x146 GB 10000 RPM 2.5" SAS drives.
  • Trays for all 8 slots, as well as blanks for slots not used for disks.
  • Sliding rack rail kit.
  • 10 Gbe XAUI network card with fiber transceiver, as well as standatd 4x1Gbe NIC's
    • I used these as pass through to a Linux VM because, for some reason, the virtualized NIC didn't work good on Linux. I.e the hypervisor supports hardware passthrough.
  • Dual 1100W redundant power supplies.
Price: $400 or make an offer.

Local pickup zip 98012 preferred, but I have a box to ship it at-cost. I estimated shipping based on 40"x24"x8" and 70 lb and it came out as about $120 to Florida and $40 to Portland to give you an idea of the cost of shipping.

I also have a T3-1 motherboard. If you're a local buyer, I can give it to you for free. I'd also sell it for $50 + shipping to a remote buyer.

Last edited: