Canada FS: Sonicwall SonicPoints (Quantity!)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Skud

Jan 3, 2012
Hi All,

I have 38 SonicWall SonicPoint Ni WAPs for sale. All are in good working condition. Part number is APL21-083. These would be great to fill in those dead-spots!

$75 (now $50!!!) each and I'll entertain offers for multiple units!

Also, I have a number (~12) SonicWall PoE injectors. I'll let them go for $5 each.

I'm in Canada, but will ship to the US. Obviously, the shipping costs will be higher, but it may be worth it if you're looking at grabbing a few units.

Thanks!!
Riley

Last edited:

Jon Massey

Nov 11, 2015
Those injectors look familiar, I've got a stack of PowerDsine PD3501Gs on my desk! Great little gigabit AF injectors

Skud

Jan 3, 2012
Those injectors look familiar, I've got a stack of PowerDsine PD3501Gs on my desk! Great little gigabit AF injectors
Yup - I have others that look the same just with different branding.

Also, bumpity!!

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
Do they require licensing or anything? I'm thinking about buying 3 of these to put in my grandparents place but I want it to be license free, doesn't need to be easy to manage I can do that.

Skud

Jan 3, 2012
Do they require licensing or anything? I'm thinking about buying 3 of these to put in my grandparents place but I want it to be license free, doesn't need to be easy to manage I can do that.
They're managed access points. So, they require a Sonicwall to configure and operate them. There used to be a way to put them into stand-alone mode and run them that way, but it's not supported.

Riley

alex1002

Apr 9, 2013
Where in Canada are you located? I am in the GTA/Toronto area. Please let me know if its possible to do local pickup -I would be interested in a few units.

Skud

Jan 3, 2012
Ok thanks, no licensing though?
Well, as with most enterprise-level equipment "it's complicated....".

The SonicPoints themselves don't have a license, but you are limited by the SonicWall itself as to how many units it supports (TZ100 supports 1, TZ215 supports 16 for example). There are no licenses on the SonicWalls to "activate" a SonicPoint (that I know of).

That being said a lot will depend on the SonicWall you get. Firmware updates depend on a maintenance contract and things like IPS, Content Filtering, App Control, reporting, etc. are licensed. Beyond that, the basic firewall features (Firewall, NAT, VLANs, routing, etc.) are all included with the unit.

You can let all the licenses expire and you still have a good firewall/NAT/router/SonicPoint controller.

Riley

Skud

Jan 3, 2012
Where in Canada are you located? I am in the GTA/Toronto area. Please let me know if its possible to do local pickup -I would be interested in a few units.
I'm in Sask. I do have a Purolator account. Let me know how many units and I can check shipping costs.

Riley