FS: (SOLD) Synology RackStation RS3617xs+ NAS (Diskless) + 56GB ECC RAM (SOLD)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

bubbagump00

Nov 13, 2017
Selling a Synology RS3617XS+. Note this is the "plus" addition that this is the higher end model. No hard disks are included with this system.
The Synology RS3617xs+ is in very good condition and has some slight wear from being used in a rack and its rails (not included). The system is about 6 or 7 months old. This was pulled from a working environment and sold as it is and what is included. All items are working and the system has been reset to default settings and comes with an additional 48GB of RAM installed on top of the included 8GB from the system for a total of 56GB of ECC RAM.

Will ship within U.S. or local pickup in Dallas, TX (payment in cash).

Asking $3299 + shipping (est. about $100). Can pay via PayPal.

Last edited:

Jeff Robertson

Oct 18, 2016
Chico, CA
Nice unit! Do you know if it would be possible to swap the internal fans with aftermarket 3 or 4 pin fans? All in the name of noise reduction of course.

bubbagump00

Nov 13, 2017
Absolutely! I’ve read about people doing this quite often on the Synology forums and getting some great noise reduction (30dB!). The key is to make sure you get fans that move enough air to keep the internals cool enough. Some people have run into trouble with overheating when they used fans that were quieter, but did not move as much air. I did read about someone installing a CPU fan on their Synology - said it took about 30 minutes. So there are a lot of options - you just have to do your research and then monitor the temps under your load for a while to make sure things are working properly. I even read about someone adding some foam between the edges of the PSU fans and the enclosure - they said that helped a ton with noise from those fans.