FS: Server parts! CPU, CPU+Mobo, 2xCPU+Mobo+RAM, RAID controller

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

sinisterDei

Mar 25, 2018
Houston, TX
New thread! Lowered prices from the last time, and my old server stuff is now in there. All prices are shipped.

Xeon E5-1620v4 CPU. Now with pictures! $150

Supermicro X10SDV-TLN4F new-in-box. Picture is a stock photo since the board is still in the box. This is a mITX mobo with an integrated Xeon D 1541 (8C/16T) CPU. It officially accepts up to 128GB of RAM (ECC or Registered ECC only) and has 2x onboard 10 GbE NICs, plus IPMI remote management and 2x 1 GbE NICs, all at very low power consumption. $700

Areca ARC-1883ix-24 2GB w/battery backup module. I can throw in some breakout cables too, if you need them. $775

Protectli 4-port Pfsense router. It's a J1900 CPU + 4GB RAM + 8GB SSD (may be 16, can't remember). Great little router, I just upgraded to a bigger model with hardware VPN encryption support. $150

*SOLD*
Supermicro X8DTL-iF + 2x Xeon X5680 CPU + 96 GB DDR3 + 2x HSF. This is the core of my old server and has worked great for a while now. My new system is actually a hair slower, but generates a bit less noise. FYI, the fans on the HSFs are only held on via friction- originally they mounted at an angle but the sockets are too close together for them to be mounted that way, so I just rotated them to be square with each other and they're fine. Friction holds them in completely fine, even when spun up to full. $200

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

sinisterDei

Mar 25, 2018
Houston, TX
What did you upgrade to with your pfsense install?
I built my own, based on a H110T and a Celeron G3900 CPU. It's a downgrade in some areas - only two physical NICs in particular. But the G3900 supports hardware crypto acceleration and is faster in general than the Atom-based CPU in the old system. My old system could handle the gigabit internet I have, but would choke on itself a bit when pushing large traffic over a VPN tunnel, and the new one doesn't have that problem.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
If the Supermicro X10SDV-TLN4F price would be more reasonable I would be interested. They sell in EU for 250EUR in eBay.

sinisterDei

Mar 25, 2018
Houston, TX
Er, I cannot find *any* pricing on eBay anywhere near 250EUR. I'm obviously willing to negotiate on price and be reasonable, and I haven't adjusted pricing in a little while, but the absolute cheapest I see it on eBay is $600 USD for a used part and mine is NIB. Feel free to correct me, but I'd be happy to drop the price to $600 USD to match eBay's cheapest, but 250EUR shows up as $276 USD and that seems way too cheap.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
Ok, my mistake. These are 1540's and yours has SFP+ ports. Maybe it is the reason as you don't need an extra card for 10G. I got one for myself for 230EUR and 4x 16GB ECC ram for 150EUR.They were all sold 2-3weeks ago.

Mike

Attachments

sinisterDei

Mar 25, 2018
Houston, TX
Those look like a good deal! I'm not in EU though, and they're significantly more expensive on my side of the pond it seems. The board you're looking at is the X10SDV-F, where mine is the -TLN4F, but they're mostly the same.