FS: Samsung SSD PM1643 3.84TB SAS 12Gb/s MZ-ILT3T8A & Ultrastar NS100 1.6TB SAS PCIe x4

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TheServerGuy

Dec 18, 2016
I've got a couple SSD drives for sale. The PM1643 drives were pulled from a NetApp appliance and reformatted to 512 byte sector size. These were used for Chia plotting but they have plenty of life left. I didn't check the endurance info before pulling them but it is definitely over 85% if not 90% on all the drives. They're rated at 1 DWPD which comes out to about 7 PBW endurance. For those who haven't used these before, they're read intensive drives but you wouldn't know it from their performance. I had 4 of them in RAID0 and was seeing sustained write speeds of over 3GB/s. Have 8 units available. $350 each

The other drive is an NVMe NS100 Ultrastar HUSPR3216ADP301, I haven't used these drives very much but they are plenty fast. Also read intensive and rated for 3 DWPD which is a little under 9 PBW endurance. I have two of these drives available. $250 each

Last edited:

thetoad

Feb 10, 2021
as a total aside, just wondering why you would use a raid1 for chia plotting? raid0 I can understand, but raid1?

Reactions: Samir

jtaj

Jul 13, 2021
I've got a couple SSD drives for sale. The PM1643 drives were pulled from a NetApp appliance and reformatted to 512 byte sector size. These were used for Chia plotting but they have plenty of life left. I didn't check the endurance info before pulling them but it is definitely over 85% if not 90% on all the drives. They're rated at 1 DWPD which comes out to about 7 PBW endurance. For those who haven't used these before, they're read intensive drives but you wouldn't know it from their performance. I had 4 of them in RAID0 and was seeing sustained write speeds of over 3GB/s. Have 8 units available. $350 each

The other drive is an NVMe NS100 Ultrastar HUSPR3216ADP301, I haven't used these drives very much but they are plenty fast. Also read intensive and rated for 3 DWPD which is a little under 9 PBW endurance. I have two of these drives available. $250 each
you giving up on chia?