UK FS: Railgun's FS thread

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Railgun

Jul 28, 2018
This will be a constantly evolving post and will edit as needed. I have a lot, but I need to organize it. I'd prefer to keep things within the UK, but could expand to the EU provided paperwork isn't that much of a PITA. So, to start:

EP2C6028x 6TB WD Reds (WD60EFRX).
Two (the white labels) are shucked from a WD MyHome Cloud Duo.
£110 ea +shipping.
WDReds.jpg
D1JU_83H6.jpgW4Y3_HNYN.jpg
Y7CF_Y4AY.jpgYE6L_YY8KL.jpg
ZV5U_YUXP.jpg

--------
Asrock Rack EP2C602-4L/D16.
Will have the I/O plate. No other accessories (don't recall what it came with anyway)
£150 +shipping
AsrockRack.jpeg

---------

8x 9207-8i HBAs. Tall brackets only unfortunately.
£25 + shipping
image002.jpg

---------
7u outdoor cabinet. Comes with one key.
£250. Would prefer not to ship this thing.

image001.jpg
image004.jpg
image003.jpg

There's plenty more to come...

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
What happened to the WD Myhome cloud duo? Or did you just buy the drives already shucked?

Railgun

Jul 28, 2018
What happened to the WD Myhome cloud duo? Or did you just buy the drives already shucked?
It was something I got for my dad. The service sucks...and wasn't quite what I thought it was...so was effectively a useless piece of HW. So, I shucked them and to my surprise I found these, which I'd initially used for my NAS, though a bit temporarily.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
It was something I got for my dad. The service sucks...and wasn't quite what I thought it was...so was effectively a useless piece of HW. So, I shucked them and to my surprise I found these, which I'd initially used for my NAS, though a bit temporarily.
Gotcha. So it wasn't decent even as a plain jane nas?

Railgun

Jul 28, 2018
Gotcha. So it wasn't decent even as a plain jane nas?
According to them, there was no option to use it as a standalone device. Had to be used with their cloud service. It was a replacement as the first one that was purchased somehow screwed up and everything that he had moved to it disappeared/became inaccessible. And somehow his account got screwed up so everything that may have been in the “cloud” was also lost. Another reason why I hate “cloud” anything. So he is back on a Sans Digital DAS that I got him. Unfortunately, as I am in the UK and he is in the US, he simply just sent the original one back and I wasn’t able to intervene and try to recover anything myself.

Tempted by the case, I've been looking for something better than the trash one I'm using but it's 3.5in and I'm moving to 2.5in. Wondering if the drive cages support 2.5in as well?
The trays do support 2.5”. I will get some pics up later today.

I should have the missing cover and other pieces somewhere as I never toss anything out. :D

@bob_dvb So I don't have a clue where those pieces are. But please let me know all the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: bob_dvb

cnchamish

Jun 2, 2022
Hi @Railgun ,
It's a bit of a long shot being so late to the thread,
but if @bob_dvb didn't already take the case off your hands i would be very much interested please.

Happy to pay shipping, but also may be able to collect if that is also convenient for you.

Regards,
Hamish

Reactions: bob_dvb

sergi0

Dec 4, 2016
I advise this case 100%/ look at the backplane : there are 4 backplanes instead of one big piece of plastic. the airflow will be 10 times better. I have the 24hdd 4U version and a 12hdd 2U version and I am able to cool them without noise. If I wasn't already setup I would have got it :).
The 5'1/4 can also be used to put icydock SSD case. a beast :)

Reactions: Railgun

Railgun

Jul 28, 2018
Hi @Railgun ,
It's a bit of a long shot being so late to the thread,
but if @bob_dvb didn't already take the case off your hands i would be very much interested please.

Happy to pay shipping, but also may be able to collect if that is also convenient for you.

Regards,
Hamish
It’s still available. PM invound.

I advise this case 100%/ look at the backplane : there are 4 backplanes instead of one big piece of plastic. the airflow will be 10 times better. I have the 24hdd 4U version and a 12hdd 2U version and I am able to cool them without noise. If I wasn't already setup I would have got it :).
The 5'1/4 can also be used to put icydock SSD case. a beast :)
That’s exactly what I did, a six-slot, 2.5” cage.

Reactions: cnchamish