FS (PA, US): Lenovo workstation servers (D30, S30) with tons of RAM

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gsk3

Sep 13, 2017
Lenovo Thinkstation D30: 2x E5-2603 $300 + RAM + shipping
Lenovo Thinkstation S30: 1x Xeon E5-1620 $100 + RAM + shipping

Working well, just don't need this kind of capacity at home any more.

Amazing home servers--load them up with RAM and SSDs to your heart's content.

I have gobs of 16GB DDR3 ECC RAM for these. Load them up to your heart's content at $15 per 16GB. Just let me know how much you want.

The S30 was my office workstation for a while, it's nice and quiet except at startup. The D30 is a little louder but still quiet, I used to run it in the closet of my office right next to my desktop and it wasn't noticeable.

Physically located in Philadelphia, PA on the western side. I do have a box to ship them in safely. You pay actual costs. I get corporate shipping rates, but still wouldn't expect that to be cheap.

Reactions: ms264556 and Samir

ms264556

Sep 13, 2021
New Zealand
ms264556.net
I'm running a D30 as my desktop at the moment. Can recommend, and also recommend upgrading the CPUs since even E5-2690s are very cheap. Once you clean the fans, these are very quiet in normal use. The fans are all large, so although it might be louder than a nuc or tmm when it's running under load, the noise is less annoying.

Reactions: Samir

gsk3

Sep 13, 2017
Thanks. They've both been really great boxen. Good point about the CPUs--can go way faster on these if needed. For my purposes, massive RAM was way more useful than PassMark scores so I never bothered.

Reactions: Samir and ms264556