FS Oracle F80 Flash Accelerators 800GB PCIe HBA Card LSI Warp Drive 7069200 QUANTITY 30 $ 180.00/ea Low writes, 98% remaining life, Enterprise

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

medicationreview

May 12, 2021
Retiring Oracle Exadata rack. 40 of these PCI Express SSD at $ 190/ea , ships with FEDEX GROUND out of Plymouth MN. Paypal payment. Usually ship same or next day. A very long life and fast SSD.

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Can you post a cdi? What type of drivers do these need?
The F40 and F80 contain an LSI 2008 controller and 4 SAS SSD's on a card. Either 4x100 or 4 x 200GB MLC SAS drives on an x8 card and obs PCI 2.0 speed.

There's a process to flash these to LSI/Seagate Nytro or IT mode firmware which IIRC was kind of a pain.
Obligatory STH thread.

Drives have BIOS too so they support legacy boot and use the LSI mpt drivers or the stock Windows drivers. Heck I even think these work under MacOS X.

These were like $90USD on the bay not so long ago but thanks to the ever rising cost of "pet food" they're now a lot more I guess.

I think I've got 3 or 4 in a box somewhere. Never got around to flashing them to LSI/Seagate Nytro.

Question for @medicationreview: You list these as LSI Warp Drive in the title. soooo Does that mean you have already flashed them with the LSI/Seagate Nytro firmware? If not perhaps your title is a teeny bit misleading?

If my math is good you *may* be able to fit 2 Chia plots on one of these cards - though it will be a tight squeeze. Probably more likely just 1 plot. Going "old school" it might be interesting to put 4 of these on an X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD and let it grow some grass.. :eek:

@Samir ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Markess and Samir

thetoad

Feb 10, 2021
these were $70 or less a month ago (bought 4 for $70 without any bargaining). :( yay craft computing's youtube video :) (I like his content)

Reactions: Samir and Marsh

Chaka Malik

May 14, 2021
The F40 and F80 contain an LSI 2008 controller and 4 SAS SSD's on a card. Either 4x100 or 4 x 200GB MLC SAS drives on an x8 card and obs PCI 2.0 speed.

There's a process to flash these to LSI/Seagate Nytro or IT mode firmware which IIRC was kind of a pain.
Obligatory STH thread.

Drives have BIOS too so they support legacy boot and use the LSI mpt drivers or the stock Windows drivers. Heck I even think these work under MacOS X.

These were like $90USD on the bay not so long ago but thanks to the ever rising cost of "pet food" they're now a lot more I guess.

I think I've got 3 or 4 in a box somewhere. Never got around to flashing them to LSI/Seagate Nytro.

Question for @medicationreview: You list these as LSI Warp Drive in the title. soooo Does that mean you have already flashed them with the LSI/Seagate Nytro firmware? If not perhaps your title is a teeny bit misleading?

If my math is good you *may* be able to fit 2 Chia plots on one of these cards - though it will be a tight squeeze. Probably more likely just 1 plot. Going "old school" it might be interesting to put 4 of these on an X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD and let it grow some grass.. :eek:

@Samir ;)
Each F80, after flashing into the 800g mode can pretty easily do 3 of the 100g final size plots simultaneously. The size varies during the different phases so you just stagger them properly. Possibly 4, but I doubt it.

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Each F80, after flashing into the 800g mode can pretty easily do 3 of the 100g final size plots simultaneously. The size varies during the different phases so you just stagger them properly. Possibly 4, but I doubt it.
thanks! been reading up on chia today in between meetings and other tasking. concur staggering makes that work for probably 3 but yeah I doubt 4.

OP still hasn't replied if they flashed their F80's or running stock.