FS (NYC): Complete 16-bay storage system (just add data drives)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
I have re-listed these as complete systems w/ 32TB of data drives, the full 48GB of RAM, etc. so this listing is no longer available.

I am selling one of my RAIDzilla II systems. This is a ready-to-go system (just add data drives and an an OS of your choice). Specific contents:
  • Ci Design NSR316 chassis (3RU rackmount)
  • Supermicro X8DTH-iF motherboard w/ IPMI, no on-board SAS
  • 2 * E5520 CPU w/ 2* STS100C heatsink / fan
  • 2 * Kingston KVR1333D3D4R9S/8GHA (Hynix HMT31GR7AFR4C-H9) 8GB DIMMs
  • 3Ware 9650SE-16ML SATA RAID controller (can also do JBOD) w/ battery backup
  • 4 * CBL-SFF8087-05M controller-to-backplane cables
  • 2 * WD3200BEKT drives (320GB WD Black for OS)
  • DL-8ATS slot-load DVD drive
  • SAS 5/E external SAS controller
  • 2 * spare power supplies
The data drives have been removed (but the drive screws and trays are included). The OS drives have been wiped. Memory has been tested, as have the OS drives . The latest firmware for BIOS / IPMI / 3Ware / Dell has been installed. The system does NOT have rack rails. I can probably track down some new-in-box rails for a slight additional cost if that is important.

This is a picture of the actual system. Note that the item marked as "3" in the picture (OCZ Z-Drive PCIe SSD) is not included (let me know if you really want it) and only 2 of the memory modules labeled "8" in the picture are included (so, 16GB RAM instead of 48GB).

Asking $350. I will deliver for free in the larger tri-state area (NY/NJ/CT/PA), or you can pick it up in North Jersey. I don't have packing materials for the system, so shipping it is out of the question, sorry.

This is a picture of two systems. I am listing a single system. I have a second identical system if you are looking for more than one for some reason.

Last edited:

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
I would buy them but I use SFF SAS drives throughout our deployments so I would rather not mix other drives.

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
I would buy them but I use SFF SAS drives throughout our deployments so I would rather not mix other drives.
Ok. The NSR316 backplanes are SAS, so you should just be able to swap in a different controller. But if you want to use 2.5" drives, this chassis isn't an efficient use of space (as you'd need 3.5 -> 2.5 adapters).

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
Exactly, I'm looking for something more like a 24 bay 2u 2.5"