FS: NIB/Sealed Samsung 850 Pro 1TB

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

superfula

Mar 8, 2016
FYI on Reddit hardwareswap the 6950Xs are being sold for around $750-800. Their not worth $1000 IMO and value will drop after thread ripper release as well.
And they are all used or oem processors. There hasn’t been a new item sold in months. Thanks for the input though.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
@Nanotech what's up? Seems very harsh. Asking clarifying questions and for feedback seems fair but that is not something we have in every post

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
@Nanotech - hoping to get around to updates once we get through the next month or so of CPU glut. Only so much bandwidth. Still, we do not have all of those rules in place today. Perhaps a better place is the suggestions forum?

On the pricing, prices adjust to market conditions.

ServerSemi

Jan 12, 2017
Nanotech is the reason I don't post any sale threads in here. Asking for pictures of items being sold is way different than telling people that what you selling is cheaper at X place. That is rude in so many levels I wish that were a bannable offense in here.

superfula

Mar 8, 2016
Just to also reference here are two listings each that have a brand-new 6950X since it was requested previously:

[USA-FL] [H] 2 i7 6950X [W] Local Cash • r/hardwareswap
[USA-OH] [H] i7 6950x [W] Paypal • r/hardwareswap

$770-850.
You just can't help yourself can you? In case it wasn't clear before, I don't care what you think of any price. No one has requested you add any input to this thread at all so it is pretty wild that you think otherwise. If you aren't going to buy, stop price policing throughout the for sale section.

ElBerryKM13...I completely understand.

abq

May 23, 2015
I for one will take exception to 'price policing' criticism here, and say I appreciate the pricing comments and help. Especially important now that so many of these post are starting to come from businesses & for profit folks. I will let Petrick correct me, but I thought the point of this forum is not to help others make profit, but more to help fellow enthusiasts, to include lowest prices and best deals from hobbist perspective. ...Just my 2 cents, no offense intended to folks trying to recover maximum $s for thier next purchase, or those attempting to make a living.

ServerSemi

Jan 12, 2017
You can talk about pricing in your own thread or any other place besides a sale post.

Geez I wonder if abq or nanotech have sold anything in their life? I want you two to post a sale thread and I will tell people to buy it cheaper and DEMAND that you lower the price to see how you will feel about it.

Last edited:

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
I for one will take exception to 'price policing' criticism here, and say I appreciate the pricing comments and help. Especially important now that so many of these post are starting to come from businesses & for profit folks. I will let Petrick correct me, but I thought the point of this forum is not to help others make profit, but more to help fellow enthusiasts, to include lowest prices and best deals from hobbist perspective. ...Just my 2 cents, no offense intended to folks trying to recover maximum $s for thier next purchase, or those attempting to make a living.
I'm totally on board the community respectfully helping each other out and I think we've seen that a lot in the for sale threads over the years. Sometimes sellers just aren't aware that their prices are high and often they appreciate the feedback as it helps them sell faster.

That being said as with so many other topics on this forum it all comes down to how you say it. If you let a seller know their prices are high and why and they choose to leave them at those prices that's their choice. Many of us generally expect prices here to be competitive with the general market, but there is no requirement for it. There is no point in attacking sellers for not agreeing with you. Make a polite post with your observations which inform both the sellers and potential buyers and move on.

abq

May 23, 2015
I'm totally on board the community respectfully helping each other out and I think we've seen that a lot in the for sale threads over the years. Sometimes sellers just aren't aware that their prices are high and often they appreciate the feedback as it helps them sell faster.

That being said as with so many other topics on this forum it all comes down to how you say it. If you let a seller know their prices are high and why and they choose to leave them at those prices that's their choice. Many of us generally expect prices here to be competitive with the general market, but there is no requirement for it. There is no point in attacking sellers for not agreeing with you. Make a polite post with your observations which inform both the sellers and potential buyers and move on.
@Aestr, well said in diplomatic way:) ...I especially like your points of keeping exchange civil and respectful, while still letting others know there are cheaper options. ...otherwise this site devolves to insiders and 'pretend' members looking to always work others to their advantage.

ServerSemi

Jan 12, 2017
Aestr is on point and I must add that if you are so inclined to tell the seller anything you can always do so via PM.

superfula

Mar 8, 2016
@Aestr, well said in diplomatic way:) ...I especially like your points of keeping exchange civil and respectful, while still letting others know there are cheaper options. ...otherwise this site devolves to insiders and 'pretend' members looking to always work others to their advantage.
Bold for emphasis. That’s the key. It’s also hard for many people which is why a large majority of the big tech forums don’t allow thread crapping\price policing in the thread at all. A couple of the larger reddit for sale boards allow it but they only allow you to post prices of previously sold items. If you really are doing it to be nice, a pm is the wisest way to go. nanotech was not civil and respectful in this thread (see Patrick’s post) nor does he seem to be in any of his price policing posts (see his posting history). If I were to have actually believed anything that he posted I would have lost hundreds of dollars on the sale.