FS: My babies - Xeon E3 servers (qty 3)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
What I meant, was that I thought he was saving a tidy sum by buying your gear, even with the import/ VAT/ Postage etc. Obviously if there is a really cheap source locally that might not be the case, but just going off the prices I seen on Amazon.de and Heise.de, he should be saving at least a hundred Euro's, possibly a couple of hundred. I didn't think he had included RAM or VAT in his local prices, but I could be wrong :)

Reactions: whitey

KJaneway

Jan 12, 2016
Okay I made a mistake in my own calculation because I neglected the RAM. I thought that a SM Board (250 € / $) and a E5 Xeon (200 € / $) is cheaper than your Bundle and didn't see the RAM wich would be around 300 too. so the price here is very hot. What I Mean with "VAT" are the importtaxes. When importing to Germany, I have to pay 20% of the complete price as taxes. But I have to find out at our customs office how exactly the procedure for private selling / buying actitivites is. Without an invoice there could be problems.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Easy peasy to generate paypal invoices...just sayin' :-D

Let me know good sir, got a few inquiries just today and a buddy in Maryland I am waiting to hear back from that offered threats if i didn't at least give him a option to buy. Not BS'ing ya, they will obviously go sometime at this steal of a pricepoint...just saying/making sure ya get fair shake.

I got $400 US currency into each of these hogs in memory although now I think it still goes for roughly $200 for the RAM alone if I parted it out, trying to leave full working systems for anyone to get going quick-like but I am not adverse to breaking down either eventually.

Take care, whitey

Last edited:

RobertFontaine

Dec 17, 2015
Winterpeg, Canuckistan
Invoicing can often be creative within reason. I recently shipped a sharpening stone 32k Shapton to South Korea. Their import taxes make the vat seem generous. Happily the invoice was slightly under the limit amount.

KJaneway

Jan 12, 2016
No Problem at all, I just need a bit more time to decide. Also checking second hand prices in Germany. And deciding if i want to go the E3 Sandy way or a newer Haswell Broadwell, maybe SFF approach like suggested in my built thread

Altough invoicing can be creative, the limit in Germany is 150€ including delivery costs. And a board + CPU + RAM for 100€ can be suspicion.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
If you have an invoice for 50 euros and the seller confirms that amount should it be investigated, then that is what they will base their calculations on. If on the other hand there was no paper trail or other record of the transaction, they may decide your telling them lies and base the calculations on market value.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
And you see here now why on these forums people are leary of intl sales...too much red tape, we've gone on a whole page abt it trying to sort things out.

OK, I must admit shipping forwarders are WAY easier to deal with. I take back my former complaint. heh

I'm willing to give it a go though :-D

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Dunno if you saw my earlier post which I took down but I would be willing to 'hook up' a 'freebie' Dell H310 (LSI 2008 6Gbps HBA) in IT mode v20 as well as a dual port Intel nic if someone picks up the remaining two systems together. Bet I could list that H310 and sell in a heartbeat for $50-60 here right?

Would run a NICE SW raid array and give a couple extra GbE dedicated nics for NAS traffic.

I'm flexible/easy :-D

Take care all, whitey

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
And you see here now why on these forums people are leary of intl sales...too much red tape, we've gone on a whole page abt it trying to sort things out.

OK, I must admit shipping forwarders are WAY easier to deal with. I take back my former complaint. heh

I'm willing to give it a go though :-D
I'll shut up now, was just trying to help out ;)

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
All good, just sayin' I think we can stop blowing this thread up now haha, sure others are tired of it.

Thx for 'visibility' and shipping sanity assistance.

~nite all, I'm cutting out early.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
One left, holding one for a buddy for a couple of weeks. Lowering to $350...EVERYTHING MUST GO hah

If a US based buyer picks up system I'll cover ship, if intl' buyer covers ship.

KJaneway

Jan 12, 2016
Hi, can you give me the exact model of the RAM? I want to check if it's possible to use it in my HP Microserver.

KJaneway

Jan 12, 2016
Now you got me. I'll take your bundle. 400 USD for the bundle including shipping to germany via paypal?

Any chance to get that LSI and Dual Nic Card?

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Here's my prediciment, a couple of hours ago I sold system number two, I need to run my home lab/infra until I get at least one of my 2011 systems built (HELL I dunno how I am even gonna come down to a single node), waiting on heatsinks. That being said shipping shows $62.50 (may be lower once I get to office) but remember I was told intl' shipping rates are going up this Sunday and I will not be able to send before then it is not looking like. I could do the $400 but let's hold off until I can actually send it. Would hate to take $ and then sit on it for a few days.

You see my issue here right, memory capacity GONZO and I am down to bare bones VM's that I HAVE to keep running. Whoopsie!

EDIT: I could do NIC, HBA is gone.

Attachments

Last edited:

KJaneway

Jan 12, 2016
Yeah it's no problem for me to wait a few days as long as I get those parts. My local dealer has just cancelled my HDD order due to a "pricing error". What do you think when you can ship the bundle?