FS: Lenovo ThinkSystem SR635 EPYC 7402P 'system', or part out

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

WillTaillac

Feb 28, 2020
Here is a bit of an interesting one.

I've got a brand new Lenovo ThinkSystem SR635 'system' for sale. It's a 1U server, the specific model is 7Y99A016NA and you can find all the SR635 info you want over here.

System is in quotes for a reason; as confirmed, this thing is almost incapable of booting. This is a very barebones setup; while there are drive bays up front, there is no backplane behind them so they are just metal slots. There is no onboard networking; there is an open OCP 3.0 slot, but nothing is installed in it. And there is a slot for a riser card that would expose usable PCIe slots, but the riser card itself is not included. It did come with rails and a power cord.

What this system *does* have is an AMD EPYC 7402p 24-core CPU, which *is* Lenovo vendor-locked. It includes a single 32GB DDR4 3200 DIMM, and a single 1.1 Kw power supply.

If by chance someone is interested in the whole server, then I would be open to that. Otherwise, I very well may end up parting out the system. Everything is brand new, I have never actually powered it on; it was taken out of the box and had some pictures taken of it, but nothing more.

For the 'complete' server, I am looking for $1701. If you just want one or more individual parts, let me know and I will see what I can work out.

Reactions: Samir