FS - Juniper ACX1100 Ethernet Routers

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

oddball

May 18, 2018
I have four Juniper ACX1100 routers I'm looking to sell.

These are Juniper routers in merchant silicon. They provide a lot of the MX features, they can route 60Gbps, although they only have 12 1Gbe ports, meaning you can get line rate even with small packets, or line rate IPSec on all ports.

The routers have eight Gbe ports and four combo ports (either four SFP or four copper) for a total of 12 Gbe ports total. They have redundant power supplies as well. They're often used as cell tower backhaul routers, and that's how Juniper markets them, but they're just ethernet routers.

Three of the routers are in great shape, I updated to the latest Junos (19.1). The forth has a possible corrupt flash. I tried to re-image, but no avail. It can boot and operate from a USB stick, so the forth is at a discount, great for learning in a lab.

Everything is reset to factory default.

For the three routers without flash issues I'm looking for $300 plus shipping. For the one with potentially corrupted flash $175 plus shipping.

I'll include the Junos install files on a USB along with Junos 17 and Junos 15 on flash as well for all of the routers.

These are awesome routers, and if you're interested in learning routing this is much cheaper than purchasing an MX and will allow you to apply most of the concepts.

My zip code is 15237 for shipping.

Here is Juniper's marketing page: ACX1100 Universal Metro Router - Juniper Networks

Here is the datasheet: https://www.juniper.net/us/en/local/pdf/datasheets/1000397-en.pdf

No licenses are needed, everything is 100% licensed out of the box, including IPSec and MLPS.

The routers are FANLESS and SILENT!! They sip power and are hardened to operate outside. If the temperate drops too low there is a heater to keep them warm. They shut down at 150F.

I have two of these I'm playing with myself...

Reactions: Samir