FS: HP Procurve J9145A in MINT condish - $300

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Mornin' all, been sitting here looking at my dwindling stash of goodies and the last 'big ticket' item I have laying around is this switch. Got her brand spankin' new about 6 months ago and used for 3 months or so before replacing w/ a Juniper EX3300. She treated me very good and I had J9008A modules (x's 2) loaded in her for 10GbE connectivity but those I already sold off to buy my EX3300. I know you can get these for dirt cheap on ebay but most are pretty banged up...not a scratch/nick on this one and very light use since it was BNIB. Asking $300 and buyer pays ship (should be $30-40 to ship in CONUS 48).

HP console/mgmt cable included, updated to latest procurve AL series firmware for this model.

PM if interested. Will post pictures of the switch later today.

95 years left on warranty :-D

J9145A_warranty1.png
J9145A_warranty2.png

Take care all,

~whitey

Last edited:

andrewbedia

Jan 11, 2013
Might I point out that it doesn't matter what condition it is in, as long as the warranty isn't voided? Do people collect switches like they do coins, or did I miss something? :p

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
LOL, good point, but you do gotta agree that most home lab'ers even prefer their gear to not be beat to hell and KNOW that it was taken care of and ran in an decent environmentally controlled area. Also proves I have the switch and am not gonna scam ya for newbies here, I've been on here long enough and done enough deals for 'the regulars' to trust/know I do straight deals.

Also good luck unloading beat-in/broke ports or semi non-functioning switch, no one wants that garbage, this one's CLEAN.

Open to offers, make it interesting/surprise me! :-D

It's a tough sell when LB6M's are going for $500 or a lil' less, I get it, this one has a warranty that will outlive most of us I'm pretty sure though.

andrewbedia

Jan 11, 2013
Ever buy a switch with the SFP ports so chewed up they are not functional?
No? I figure that would be grounds for demanding a refund. The two 2810-24Gs and the 1410-8G I bought were not 100% perfect, but none of the ports were beat up.

this one has a warranty that will outlive most of us I'm pretty sure though.
all 2910als have lifetime.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Bump @ $225, low as I can go on this switch.

Last edited: